Please read this and help me out!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted341012

Hey guys,

I'm an international student (South Korean) who's currently a sophomore (pre-dental) at the University of South Carolina.
I'm posting here to see how much chance I have of getting in a dental school.
I heard that being an international student, it will be very difficult for me to get into dental schools. My mom's constantly telling me that I need a 4.0 GPA and excellent DAT scores. My GPA this semester was not up to my expectations. My cumulative GPA right now is around 3.75 and my science GPA is around 3.6. I plan to do well next semester and next year so I think i can raise it up to 3.9/3.8. You think this is in the ballpark of being "safe"? I know I sound like a prick but I'm just getting really worried haha.
Also, what did you guys do in terms of extracurricular activities? Should I do research? If yes, then what kind?
I thought asking other international students who were in my shoes was the best idea so if you guys could please give me some advice, I'd really appreciate it.

Best of luck to you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I'm an international student (South Korean) who's currently a sophomore (pre-dental) at the University of South Carolina.
I'm posting here to see how much chance I have of getting in a dental school.
I heard that being an international student, it will be very difficult for me to get into dental schools. My mom's constantly telling me that I need a 4.0 GPA and excellent DAT scores. My GPA this semester was not up to my expectations. My cumulative GPA right now is around 3.75 and my science GPA is around 3.6. I plan to do well next semester and next year so I think i can raise it up to 3.9/3.8. You think this is in the ballpark of being "safe"? I know I sound like a prick but I'm just getting really worried haha.
Also, what did you guys do in terms of extracurricular activities? Should I do research? If yes, then what kind?
I thought asking other international students who were in my shoes was the best idea so if you guys could please give me some advice, I'd really appreciate it.

Best of luck to you!
All other international students in this thread are already a dentist from their own country. Your case seems different. You should check Pre-Dental thread. :thumbup:

Hi,
Everybody is just the same, there is nothing like international or not, what matters is your performance! People love making up some story and spreading it. All the best!
You will have better ideas in the Pre-Dental thread.