Please, Read this and Help Me!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drago

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I cannot submit. Everyone tells me after awhile they are able to, but I keep getting this same damn error message. PLEASE, if anyone has the same problem, with ensuing success or not, tell me. What do i do. I emailed them (good luck!) and called them (they told me to email them!).

here is the message:

Error
An error has occurred in this application.

Please return to the login location to resume the application. If the error repeats itself, please cease use of the application and email a copy of the text on this screen to [email protected]
Your location: 12.73.5.135
Your browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Windows 98; AT&T WNS5.0; DigExt)
Date and time error occurred: 07/03/01 04:08:37 PM
Page you came from: https://pnet406.aamc.org/amcas2002/main.cfm?CurrentPage=transmit/transmit.cfm&AuditRes=S&CheckSelected=N&CheckCondn=Y&CardSelected=1
Message content:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An error occurred while evaluating the expression:

#Left(POP_SALE_DATE,(Find(".",POP_SALE_DATE)-1))#

Error near line 404, column 14.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parameter 2 of function Left which is now "-1" must be a positive integer

The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of (#Left(POP_SALE_DATE,(Find(".",POP_SALE_DATE)-1))#), occupying document position (404:13) to (404:61).

Please send questions to: [email protected]

AAMC

Members don't see this ad.

Yep, I got the same one. I retried, because people were getting a lot of errors, but this one is different. I retried about 50 times with no luck. Maybe it's a mass problem - AGAIN and they will fix it.

then again, maybe not. how frustrating this is.

I feel your pain. I got through eventually, but, of course, something else was screwed up. Good luck to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys I got this message and I was so freakin scared last week, cuz it was not a typical message!!!

it stated i should send the printed application via email and I never printed it out!!!!

I had two computers at home and both of them had trouble logging in....what worked for me was that i stopped using my computer and went outside 4 am in the morning and used kinkos (much faster connection, and a different connection) to log in and use the application.....

It worked! trying using someone else's computer or alternatively go to kinkos or somewhere similar....It was such a horrific experience though...the thought of losing all that info and I hadn't even have a backup or a printout of my application :eek:

i am glad it is over!!! SIGH :rolleyes: for me anyway

Hey drago and ATC2MD, I'm sorry to hear that you are suffering the same problem as I am. I still haven't been able to get through since monday. The BIG problem is that, everytime you fill out the information on the webpage before you get the 01 positive integer error, is that they charge your credit card everytime you reach that error page. I have charged two credit cards already 32 times!!!! :( It is going to be one hell of a pain in the a$$ to get it cleared up. I have to work, and I don't have hours to spend on hold with AMCAS!!! Warn others about not repeatedly entering in the credit card info and submitting it. My designate schools, and print application still show that I haven't submited my application yet. Many other people have said not to trust the print application webpage..but what about the designate med school page? Anyhow, best of luck.

A couple other things to check..

1) Did you ever get the 'Have a nice day" page?

2) Go back to your essay and click on it. You can't edit it if your app's been submitted

Andrew

Originally posted by EricOH:
•Hey drago and ATC2MD, I'm sorry to hear that you are suffering the same problem as I am. I still haven't been able to get through since monday. The BIG problem is that, everytime you fill out the information on the webpage before you get the 01 positive integer error, is that they charge your credit card everytime you reach that error page. I have charged two credit cards already 32 times!!!! :( It is going to be one hell of a pain in the a$$ to get it cleared up. I have to work, and I don't have hours to spend on hold with AMCAS!!! Warn others about not repeatedly entering in the credit card info and submitting it. My designate schools, and print application still show that I haven't submited my application yet. Many other people have said not to trust the print application webpage..but what about the designate med school page? Anyhow, best of luck.•

hi, my designate schools section still says i owe money, and yes i can change my essay anytime i want to (and i have been, saving it, then printing out a new application sample. yet, i'm getting charged. i'll be very honest. i am somewhat glad that my application did not go through. i think i'd rather be here done with an application that is ready to be submitted than having submitted an application that i can only pray went through. i'm telling you, the worst is yet to come.

i just called my credit card company, and they received 6 different charges. if you really think AMCAS will have all of this fixed by july 15th, wow, you've got problems.

I'm having the same problem -yuck! I'm not sure at all what to do... I've gotten the error message twice when I tried to submit my application, and now I'm afraid to try it again, because if I'm being charged each time, than I am in trouble! Does anyone know if these charges are a big problem, or if they just don't go through? Should I keep trying the application? I was thinking about sending a check, but from the message on the site, it looks like that'd take a long time to go through.

Any advice is appreciated. :eek:
ps. Happy Fourth of July!

This is more disturbing...I just tried to edit my vision essay (just to see if that would work) and I wasn't able to; I got a message that said I had already submitted my application. However, the box for "Certification and Transmission" is not checked on my applicaton. Weird, weird, weird...

ok, this is what my credit card company said. the charges were "pre-something or other." it meant that while the charges were noted, they were not yet authorized. they gladly removed the charges. i got an email today from amcas saying that we should sit tight for awhile longer. the programmers better not be taking july 4th off.

Sorry to keep posting, but I'm really trying to figure this out, it's like a mystery game except that it is possibly going to mess up a credit card. I tried to submit again, and was told "Thank you for submitting your Medical School application to the AAMC. Have a nice day."
So it should be all good, that's what I'm thinking... except that there was no space to enter a credit card number...
but when I go to designated schools, I'm told that I owe $0.00, yet the box for "Certification and Transmission" is still not checked off.

Based on this, can anyone suggest something to do? I am not sure if I should call AMCAS or if I should assume that since I now owe no money, that they took my credit card number from an earlier try...which would be weird because that was at a different computer. Again, sorry about the loads of messages...

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by elle:
•Sorry to keep posting, but I'm really trying to figure this out, it's like a mystery game except that it is possibly going to mess up a credit card. I tried to submit again, and was told "Thank you for submitting your Medical School application to the AAMC. Have a nice day."
So it should be all good, that's what I'm thinking... except that there was no space to enter a credit card number...
but when I go to designated schools, I'm told that I owe $0.00, yet the box for "Certification and Transmission" is still not checked off.

Based on this, can anyone suggest something to do? I am not sure if I should call AMCAS or if I should assume that since I now owe no money, that they took my credit card number from an earlier try...which would be weird because that was at a different computer. Again, sorry about the loads of messages...

:rolleyes:

I have received both email and phone confirmation that my application was submitted and received but my "certification and transmission" box is still not checked. I wouldn't worry about this because others have mentioned the same thing. I would still call amcas to double check they have received your application. Don't trust asking them through email because it will take over a week for them to reply and then their reply will only further confuse things. The reply to my email question said that application had not been received yet I have had two official confirmations. Because they are so backed up with emails, I believe waiting on the phone and talking to someone in person is the most reliable form of info. I hope this helps. I'm still confused myself because I'm not sure who to believe. Good luck!

i''ve gotten the confirmation email as well but i'm a bit wary of calling AMCAS to confirm this over the phone as well, due to the fact that i've been getting conflicting information every time i call! i doubt i'd get the email if my app truly wasn't there (and my credit card has been charged and i can't edit my essays) but at this point i would totally expect someone at AMCAS to incorrectly tell me the opposite. someone else posted that they were told that the phone line is being staffed by temps, who presumably aren't familiar with the computer system, so the last thing i need is for someone to incorrectly tell me that my app has NOT been received simply because they can't properly access it in the computer and for me to go into a panic.

i don't know--anyone else have the same attitude as i do? i'm content to believe it's there since i got the email, my credit card has been charged, and i can't edit my essays, all indications that my app has been submitted. i don't fully trust the people answering the phones over there....

wait, when i found out that i had been charged six times yet still could
1)modify my essays
2)see that i still owed money

i just cancelled ALL of my charges. do you think that was a bad idea?

This is eactly the situation i am in, Except i dont have enough money on my card to get charged more than a few times. I dont know if i should cancel the charges i have already because 1) i can still edit my essays 2) It says that i owe the same amount of money i always did and 3) i dont know what the heck is going on caus i haven gotten though by phone.

FYI, you can now call and get confirmation that your application was submitted and payment was received by AMCAS. I called this morning. Good luck.

I have gotten an email saying they received my application and payment

I received two emails saying they didn't after the email saying they did.

I tried to call this morning but was unsuccessful.

My balance says $0.00.

My credit card shows one charge.

I can't edit my essays, even though the certification box doesn't show a check mark.

I'm calling it quits and going on the assumption they have my application and it's over.

(now I have to find out if they have corrected my name. )

On to MCAT prepartion for the August MCAT. Good luck to all.

drago, that probably wasn't a bad idea. if you can change your essays, it wasn't submitted. Try again - I did on the same computer and it went through without a problem (write down the order ID number), but I didn't get the stupid have a nice day screen. However, I still have MULTIPLE charges to contend with. Good luck...

what browser are you using?...i have a PC with both IE and Netscape and I only got it to go through with IE 5.0...Netscape 4.7 didn't do me any good...hope this helps.