General Admissions & OTCAS PLEASE READ URGENT ADVICE PLEASE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Makingmoves2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good Morning!!!!!!!!!!
Wichita State University- Bachelors in Health Service Management
My overall GPA- 3.11
Last 60 credit hours 3.11
Observation hours- 25 hours Rehabilitation and Healthcare, 18 Assistant living, 8 hours Pediatrics, 16 hours Rainbows Special needs children
No GRE
Applied to- College of Saint Mary's, Creighton University, Abilene Christian University, Mount Mary, Cox College, Brenau University, and A.T. Still University
I have 2 letters of recommendations form an Occupational Therapist, 3 Professional, and I'm certified in CPR and First Aid. I've worked with children since 2003. I worked with children with special needs since 2010. My job offers training for children with behavior or special needs children. I'm currently volunteering at Harry Hines Hospice.
Accepted: College of Saint Mary so far but not accepted fully. I should know around February 2014.
Rejected: N/A
Attending: N/A

I will keep you posted!!!
I want to attend Creighton University, Abilene Christian University, College of Saint Mary's, or Cox College.

Do I have an chance in getting in or is there anything I can do to make myself stand out. Please any advice!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on applying! I'm also going through this process for the first time as well and Brenau is on my list. Concerning your stats, I know most require above a 3.0 - which you have. The variety in observation experiences would also look good, as will your certifications. I'm assuming those four mentioned above don't require the GRE? The GRE normally helps to strengthen GPA's that may not be as high - depending on when their deadlines are, you might consider taking it if you test well.

Did they require that you write an essay or submit a personal statement?

I don't test well so that's why I'm applying to the private universities. Where are you applying to. Yes I wrote an personal statement. I had someone to proofread it for me and they are very knowledgable in writing personal statements. I believe my personal statement is going to sell me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Great! A strong personal statement is always a plus. I'm applying to Belmont, Brenau, Florida Gulf Coast, MUSC, East Carolina, Kean and Colorado State. This whole process is pretty nerve-wracking. :nailbiting:

Did you take the GRE??? Yeah I'm stressed out! Yep I hope I get into Creighton University!! The faculty sounded interested in me. My admission counselor said don't worry too much about your GPA because they look at the application as an whole. I forgot about the otcas gpa scares me because it might be different from what my official transcript says.............Keep me posted.........I really want to go to Belmont.......but not taking the GRE

I am taking it on the 18th! I'm nervous about the math section as that normally isn't my strong point.. I'm anxious to see what my OTCAS GPA says as well (transcript lists 3.44). I will definitely keep you updated, let me know as well! Out of curiosity, did you apply for the Gainesville program for Brenau or Norcross?

I applied to Gainesville campus!!! Good Luck on the GRE. I would take it because it will open up more door for me but I'm already committed to a lot of things right now. I just hope for the best!!

Reactions: 1 user
My GPA stats aren't too different from yours, and I got an invite for an interview from Crieghton. I had really strong LORs as well as years of experience working with the elderly population. I also kept close contact with one of the admissions counselors for my state since last April. When did you send in your app/ supplemental app to Creighton?

I will have everything in by next Thursday. I had someone to proofread my personal statement this person is knowledgable about applying to graduate school. I'm just so scared about not getting accepted.
I have two occupational therapist for letter of recommendations
I have three professionals for letter of recommendations. My work ethnic is stellar not trying to sound cocky its just my gpa. I know otcas will verify everything and I'm afraid that my gpa will be a little lower than what it says on the transcript. I really want to do this so bad. I've worked with children since 2003 and I have an special needs child in my classroom and I worked with the child everyday. I don't know. Are you an student at Creighton??? How was the interview???