Please Respond(Any doctor who knows about this)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rajkus

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i want to increase my height.
is there any way in medical sciences to increase the height?
I don't mind about the surgery cost / the way to increase my height.
if there is any way let me know.
Your advice is appreciable.

Thanks for your time

my mail [email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

the only way to truly to increase your height more than just a little is to pick your parents correctly

Originally posted by rajkus:
i want to increase my height.
is there any way in medical sciences to increase the height?
I don't mind about the surgery cost / the way to increase my height.
if there is any way let me know.
Your advice is appreciable.

Thanks for your time

my mail [email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
Try hanging from a bar for an extended period of time, it worked for Bobby Brady. Oh, wait, that was his older brother Greg's practical joke. Sorry.

rajkus, I think the only currently feasible way to increase one's adult height is to take growth hormones before maturity. So if you have already reached your full adult height, I don't imagine there's much medical science can do for you.

But you know, short people on the whole live longer, healthier lives than tall people. I'm a short person myself. I really don't think it's a problem. Best of luck.
smile.gif

I agree with the previous responce. Depends upon your age. However, I disagree with the notion that nothing can be done after maturity has been reached. There are medications that can mimic growth ("Discat" etc.)In addition, some surgical procedures can be performed to extend the length of your femurs and/or tib/fibs wih titanium rod/plates. I be it would cost o the order of $20000 including the postop care.
But ther are some more suddle ways to increase your height after maturity. One of the reasons for the decrease in height is the inability of certian back muscules to hold proper posture (in addition to calcification of i/v discs and weakening of vertebrae and fracturing). Therefore, some physical excersises can help you increase the strength of those muscules and in turn help you maitain the posture and look taller and feel better.
However, I would discourage any interventions unless "life and death" situation arises. Nature/G-d has given you the perfect package including your optimal size for your organs, hence any additions to original configuration may cause malfunctions in other body systems.
Be happy,
Hope it helps,
Peace.

There is actually a medical procedure for incresing height by lengthening bones at the epipheseal plates. This involves considerable pain, and months or years wearing metal devices that screw through the skin into your bones. These devices have screws that when turned, pull apart a fracture that surgeons place in your bone. You then wait for new bone to fill in the gap. This process adds fractions of milimeters at a time, and will usually only be performed on people with congenital disorders such as dwarfism.

You can check it out at http://webmd.lycos.com/content/asset/adam_surgery_epiphysiodesis

For a cheaper, safer, less painful solution, just look into "shoe lifts." I don't quite know the technical name, but there are little inserts you can put in your shoes to gain a few inches. This solution works for either gender. High heels are also an option for females. I think the bottom line is to do things that maximize the height you do have, or to create the illusion of height. Surgery is a poor option in this case.

Grow your hair longer and spike it up. Platform shoes help too.

lay down and never get up. that will give you an inch or two