please respond if you have completed a post-bacc for d-school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yenta225

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking at some post bacc programs online because I want to improve my science gpa. The problem is, alot of them are designed for people who have never taken science classes (which I have taken alot of) and take 2-3 years to complete. So to improve my chances at d-school, should I enroll in a masters program, take graduate classes, or take more undergrad bio classes ?? I really do not want to retake my prereqs because i dont think they are that bad,, mostly's Bs and a few Cs... but I know I need to do something. Also, if you know any good programs/schools in the nyc area, please let me know. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Yenta,
I would recommend checking out the Post-Baccalaureate section for questions like this. Any of the post-bac threads will apply to pre-dents as readily as they will to pre-meds.

But to answer your question with my own input I would recommend taking undergrad classes at a local University -- degree or non. I know SUNY Stony Brook offers a second bachelor's option which is what I'm working on in Jacksonville. You don't have to complete it (just don't tell THEM that) and the degree status gives you priority registration over non-degree seeking students not to mention that you're eligible for fed financial aid as a degree-seeking student.

Check out the post-bac section and PM me if you have any more questions. In the meantime, check out http://services.aamc.org/postbac/

All the best,
Mack