Quantcast

Please sign petition for radioactivity warning on tobacco products

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cdmguy

Ex-DC Turned Chiropractic Skeptic
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The White House has started a website where individuals can start petitions on issues they think would significantly benefit the country if they were acted on. One issue that is near and dear to my heart due to having family members who smoke is tobacco use. Currently the government is being very silent on the disturbing fact that tobacco companies make tobacco products more carcinogenic than they naturally are by using high phosphate fertilizer that degrades into radioactive polonium. A 1.5 pack/day smoker receives the rad equivalent of 300 chest xrays. I've written a petition asking the president to institute mandatory warning labels on cigarettes disclosing that they contain radioactive polonium 210 and including the international sign for radioactivity so that they will be identified as such. Please take a moment to sign this petition, and forward this message to friends, family and colleagues and ask them for their support as well.

White House Petition to: Institute tobacco warning labels that inform consumers that these products contain radioactive polonium 210

Thank you.

CDMguy

cdmguy

Ex-DC Turned Chiropractic Skeptic
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay 69 people read the message but not one signed the petition? That's lame people.

Instatewaiter

But... there's a troponin
Account on Hold
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The White House has started a website where individuals can start petitions on issues they think would significantly benefit the country if they were acted on. One issue that is near and dear to my heart due to having family members who smoke is tobacco use. Currently the government is being very silent on the disturbing fact that tobacco companies make tobacco products more carcinogenic than they naturally are by using high phosphate fertilizer that degrades into radioactive polonium. A 1.5 pack/day smoker receives the rad equivalent of 300 chest xrays. I've written a petition asking the president to institute mandatory warning labels on cigarettes disclosing that they contain radioactive polonium 210 and including the international sign for radioactivity so that they will be identified as such. Please take a moment to sign this petition, and forward this message to friends, family and colleagues and ask them for their support as well.

White House Petition to: Institute tobacco warning labels that inform consumers that these products contain radioactive polonium 210

Thank you.

CDMguy

Wow, 6 signatures...

Perhaps a better use of your time would be to stop the ED from using so many CT scans. Hell you come into the ED and you have lungs, you automatically get a CT scan. That is about 300 CXRs there and you didn't make the decision to smoke...

dynx

Yankee Imperialist
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay 69 people read the message but not one signed the petition? That's lame people.

Oh my GOD! radiation...why, that means cigs may cause CANCER:eek:! This IS a huge issue indeed.