Please some1 Advice about submitting secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SeventhSon

SIMMER DOWN
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is my situation.

I have 4 of 5 letters of recommendation. The 5th person told me the ~4 days ago that it would be ready within 2 weeks.

Do I submit my 4 letters alone at all the places that don't require the 5th? Some places require me to have that letter b/c they require 3 research letters, and this letter is my 3rd research letter. The letter is from a pretty big person but it won't be bitchin, it will be so-so.

My other option is to submit my letters at all the places that don't require the 5th and then ask if i can add it to my file after i'm complete. But some places I have already listed the 5th person on my secondary as a letter writer :\

Members don't see this ad.

i'm in the exact same situation as you, except that the 5th that i'm waiting for is from a prof. i sent the 4 letters to SOME of the ones that don't require that 5th one, but not to the schools that I really want to go to. i'm gonna wait around for the 5th to send those ones in.
-mota

I would not wait 2 weeks to submit secondaries that require 4 letters if I were you. The 5th letter can be sent the places that need it when it's finished.

I concur with Zai. Send those in that you can, NOW. I was talking to UMich admissions and they said that if you send something later, they will add it to your file.

It looks like it is taking about 1 month after completion for the schools to invite so get it in.

fiddler