:-( Please someone tell me what the HELL to do...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
One thing is for sure: If you're going to do anything about it (ie. send in a replacement letter), you should act fast. Decide asap what you're going to do, before the application makes its way to the adcom.

Members don't see this ad.

But I accidentally left a sentence about UT Southwestern being the "school for me" in the answer for the other schools. What should i do?!

This is one of those things that will depend both on 1) the mood/personality of the person(s) who read it and 2) What they otherwise think of you.

It is common to get letters of recommendation that say "X is perfect for Y school" when Y school is somewhere else.....we laugh at those.

However, this one might well annoy SOME readers, including me, a good bit. Probably enough to think less of your application unless there was some otherwise good reason to think you were an incredible applicant for our school. This might depend on exactly the wording of your secondary and my mood.

My recommendation is take a chance here and go ahead and really really nicely beg the secretaries at the school(s) you accidentally sent this to for permission to resubmit/switch out the essay.

Standard Disclaimer: As always, I do not speak for any adcom committee and this post reflects only my personal opinion, not a view of how "adcoms" would see this situation.