Please tell me actual MCAT questions are similar to this one..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vin5cent0

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been doing that "Mcat question of the day" service for the past few weeks, and I've generally been able to get 90% of them right. I usually only mess up the ones that require some actual pre-requisite knowledge that I have not learned yet. I got this question today, and I couldn't help but wonder if there are questions on the test that are this common-sense based?

If the escape velocity of a rocket from the surface of the Earth is ve, then the escape velocity of the same rocket from the surface of a planet whose acceleration due to gravity as well as radius are 4 times that of the Earth is
(a) 4ve
(b) ve/4
(c) ve
(d) 16ve

Members don't see this ad.

Some of the discrete questions are just similar to this one and I remember seeing this question on EK or TPR Physics section, correct me if I am wrong.

I've been doing that "Mcat question of the day" service for the past few weeks, and I've generally been able to get 90% of them right. I usually only mess up the ones that require some actual pre-requisite knowledge that I have not learned yet. I got this question today, and I couldn't help but wonder if there are questions on the test that are this common-sense based?

If the escape velocity of a rocket from the surface of the Earth is ve, then the escape velocity of the same rocket from the surface of a planet whose acceleration due to gravity as well as radius are 4 times that of the Earth is
(a) 4ve
(b) ve/4
(c) ve
(d) 16ve

yeah, they have a lot of "what happens in this variable in the equation when you double this other variable while holding all else constant..." questions. they also have a lot of dimensional analysis questions in which you have to be able to cancel out units to get the answer. there were a few of these on my test a few days ago...I think I got them right...but I was rushed at the end so I didn't have as much time as I wanted to reconfirm my answer was right on one of them...