Please tell me this is false- fixed failure rate on APLME

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VolibearMain

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So someone told me its a fixed fail rate on the APLME. Like the bottom 25% of students are auto failed on the APLME regardless of questions correct/score
If this is true the board has to have the dumbest people working in it .

Also someone said podiatrists will be able to work on fingers
and Some day be able to do knee surgery?

Members don't see this ad.

So someone told me its a fixed fail rate on the APLME. Like the bottom 25% of students are auto failed on the APLME regardless of questions correct/score

you can work on fingers in the state of Ohio and I think in NJ (not sure about NJ, though).

For Ohio check out: OHFAMA | DPM Scope of Practice

There is no mandatory fail rate. 100% of people can pass. Anyone who says that is confusing the cut score of 75 with...I don't know what. If they can't explain the modified angoff method or LOFT to you, then they don't know anything about the exam—most people don't, professors included.

There are about 5 states in which the podiatry scope includes superficial work on the hands. It's antiquated but it's real.

In some states podiatrists can already do nonsurgical treatment of the knee and thigh. Surgical treatment of the knee...maybe, but I wouldn't count on it.

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I like the soft tissue issues on hands. The foot and hand are rather analogous structures, and if a doc is going to freeze off a wart on the foot, why can't they also do it on the hand, or order a hand brace.

As far as hand surgery? Nope.

Nonsurgical treatment on knee and thigh I would be fine with as well. Heck, nurses can prescribe a knee brace for a patient, why can't pods?

I would not feel comfortable having a podiatrist operate on my knee.

There is no mandatory fail rate. 100% of people can pass. Anyone who says that is confusing the cut score of 75 with...I don't know what. If they can't explain the modified angoff method or LOFT to you, then they don't know anything about the exam—most people don't, professors included.

There are about 5 states in which the podiatry scope includes superficial work on the hands. It's antiquated but it's real.

In some states podiatrists can already do nonsurgical treatment of the knee and thigh. Surgical treatment of the knee...maybe, but I wouldn't count on it.

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

You might end up being a part of that 25% fail group.

Reactions: 1 users
Its unlikely when your school begged me with 10,000 grand to come here :) nice throwaway. Cry hard

i

I believe that is a false statement, proof being on another post on SDN you claimed proudly that you accepted a scholarship of $2,500. Your pointless lies are only hurting yourself. Coming to terms with reality and the blessings you have are a couple things you should be working on rather than making a fool of yourself on SDN.

Reactions: 1 users
I can vouch for this , yes that's the contract i signed to. There was 2500, 5000, 10000 based on rank.
I am not even that amazing of a student and I got 2500 off, before I even started.

Just thought I would bring the proof to light incase you got too caught up in your lies and really didn't know.

Wait so is it $2,500 or $10,000 that they begged you with?

A few reminders:

1. Keep it professional. There is no need for name calling or insults. We aren’t 3 years old.
2. You are entitled to your opinion but it must be communicated in a professional, respecting manner.
3. Don’t engage, use the ignore feature
4. If you don’t know what to do, report it and the mods will sort it out. We look at and evaluate every report.
5. Once again, don’t engage. Report it.

Status
Not open for further replies.