Web Crawler
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2002
Limbo
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I wanna know if it's too early to worry about whether or not I'll be called for an interview anywhere. I applied very early (submitted AMCAS 6/10), sent secondaries late July/early August, and did not take the August MCAT. I'm sitting here, reading these posts about other people being interviewed at the same schools I applied to, and I'm feeling VERY insecure right now :(

P.S.; I tend to do that--psyche myself out.

J

jot

most of my friends who were medbound (about 15) last year were asked for interviews in october, and interviewed from november to march. its still incredibly early i think, the whole august mcat group is still getting ready.

Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2001
Visit site
Status
:( I kow what you mean, Kaos. My earliest secondary was sent in 3 weeks ago and I still don't have a word from them. I was told if they don't contact me in one month, I will be rejected. I guess they are jsut taking their own sweet time to reject me.

I know what you're going through. I think we all need a support group.

About the Ads
OP
kaos

kaos

Web Crawler
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2002
Limbo
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by Tweetie_bird
:( I kow what you mean, Kaos. My earliest secondary was sent in 3 weeks ago and I still don't have a word from them. I was told if they don't contact me in one month, I will be rejected. I guess they are jsut taking their own sweet time to reject me.

I know what you're going through. I think we all need a support group.
:eek: Really? Which school is that?

jalan2

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2002
Visit site
Status
Tweetie and Kaos,

Now people like you and I have two support group threads: this thread and another one that Tweetie just started, titled "Official: Am I the only one that's behind????"
(Not for long, I hope.)

:)

mws99

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2002
Visit site
Status
Tweetie,

I thought you were still waiting on lor's to complete your file? You shouldn't be worrying if those aren't in yet.

Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2001
Visit site
Status
I am wiating for LORs to complete my file at 8 schools, and I am sitting on about 10 other secondaries half of which I plan to send out in the next 2-3 days.
The school I mentioned is Mayo. It is SUCH a nice school, gosh, I really like it. And they have an awesome ethics program. I am so interested in Ethics. I even authored a paper in an ethics journal. I like it sooo much. Yet, they haven't contacted me for a phone interview. I have lost all hope, ....I don't want to lead myself on anymore. What's one more dream school, right? :(

Adcadet

Long way from Gate 27
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2002
44 deg 1 min 11 sec N, 92 deg 28 min 55 sec W
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
oh, don't even get me started on Mayo. Since I was old enough to know that Mayo didn't always refer to the food, I knew Mayo was THE place to be as a patient, doctor, nurse, whatever. (my fam is from Southern MN, so it's weird to be in a small area and have world class anything nearby....not to mention the Mall of America, but that's another story). Plus, my fiance and I want to stay near our families, so Roch is a nice compromise between going away and staying close. I'm still waiting on them to give me a ding-a-ling. AHHHHHHH! I seriously would probably stroke out if I got accepted to Mayo. (not to Mayo adcom: if you're going to accept me, call an ambulance to my house first).

But hey, I got rejected from Stanford today, so at least there's some movement in my apps.

Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2001
Visit site
Status
I can double you on that one Cadet. Got the boot by Wake Forest and Miami. :(

relatively prime

post happy member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2002
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by Adcadet
oh, don't even get me started on Mayo. Since I was old enough to know that Mayo didn't always refer to the food, I knew Mayo was THE place to be as a patient, doctor, nurse, whatever. (my fam is from Southern MN, so it's weird to be in a small area and have world class anything nearby....not to mention the Mall of America, but that's another story). Plus, my fiance and I want to stay near our families, so Roch is a nice compromise between going away and staying close. I'm still waiting on them to give me a ding-a-ling. AHHHHHHH! I seriously would probably stroke out if I got accepted to Mayo. (not to Mayo adcom: if you're going to accept me, call an ambulance to my house first).

But hey, I got rejected from Stanford today, so at least there's some movement in my apps.
I got rejected from Stanford yesterday... though I'm hardly shedding any tears over it... since I too and helplessly in love with Mayo.

I can't wait until my Mayo interview... only 27 more days!!!! That's such a long time to wait... ugh... oh well, at least it gives me time to loose some weight!!

I would seriously withdraw from every school (except maybe one or two) if I got into Mayo. I love that school!!!

Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2001
Visit site
Status
MAN, if i got into Mayo I'd be doing the VICTORY DANCE all the way. :clap: :clap: It's an awesome school, I absolutely LOVE the program, and it's and my second "dream school" only because my fiancee may not be able to move there due to his job.

::sigh::
mayo mayo mayo
can't you see
somehow your school
has hypnotized me.......... :(

About the Ads