Please tell me...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by kaos, Aug 26, 2002.

1. kaos

kaos Web Crawler

Resident [Any Field]
    I wanna know if it's too early to worry about whether or not I'll be called for an interview anywhere. I applied very early (submitted AMCAS 6/10), sent secondaries late July/early August, and did not take the August MCAT. I'm sitting here, reading these posts about other people being interviewed at the same schools I applied to, and I'm feeling VERY insecure right now :(

P.S.; I tend to do that--psyche myself out.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jot

jot

most of my friends who were medbound (about 15) last year were asked for interviews in october, and interviewed from november to march. its still incredibly early i think, the whole august mcat group is still getting ready.

4. Tweetie_bird

:( I kow what you mean, Kaos. My earliest secondary was sent in 3 weeks ago and I still don't have a word from them. I was told if they don't contact me in one month, I will be rejected. I guess they are jsut taking their own sweet time to reject me.

I know what you're going through. I think we all need a support group.

5. kaos

kaos Web Crawler

Resident [Any Field]
    :eek: Really? Which school is that?

6. jalan2

jalan2 Senior Member

Tweetie and Kaos,

Now people like you and I have two support group threads: this thread and another one that Tweetie just started, titled "Official: Am I the only one that's behind????"
    (Not for long, I hope.)

:)

7. mws99

mws99 Senior Member

Tweetie,

I thought you were still waiting on lor's to complete your file? You shouldn't be worrying if those aren't in yet.

8. Tweetie_bird

I am wiating for LORs to complete my file at 8 schools, and I am sitting on about 10 other secondaries half of which I plan to send out in the next 2-3 days.
    The school I mentioned is Mayo. It is SUCH a nice school, gosh, I really like it. And they have an awesome ethics program. I am so interested in Ethics. I even authored a paper in an ethics journal. I like it sooo much. Yet, they haven't contacted me for a phone interview. I have lost all hope, ....I don't want to lead myself on anymore. What's one more dream school, right? :(

9. Adcadet

Adcadet Long way from Gate 27

Resident [Any Field]
    oh, don't even get me started on Mayo. Since I was old enough to know that Mayo didn't always refer to the food, I knew Mayo was THE place to be as a patient, doctor, nurse, whatever. (my fam is from Southern MN, so it's weird to be in a small area and have world class anything nearby....not to mention the Mall of America, but that's another story). Plus, my fiance and I want to stay near our families, so Roch is a nice compromise between going away and staying close. I'm still waiting on them to give me a ding-a-ling. AHHHHHHH! I seriously would probably stroke out if I got accepted to Mayo. (not to Mayo adcom: if you're going to accept me, call an ambulance to my house first).

But hey, I got rejected from Stanford today, so at least there's some movement in my apps.

10. Tweetie_bird

I can double you on that one Cadet. Got the boot by Wake Forest and Miami. :(

11. relatively prime

relatively prime post happy member

I got rejected from Stanford yesterday... though I'm hardly shedding any tears over it... since I too and helplessly in love with Mayo.

I can't wait until my Mayo interview... only 27 more days!!!! That's such a long time to wait... ugh... oh well, at least it gives me time to loose some weight!!

I would seriously withdraw from every school (except maybe one or two) if I got into Mayo. I love that school!!!

12. Tweetie_bird

MAN, if i got into Mayo I'd be doing the VICTORY DANCE all the way. :clap: :clap: It's an awesome school, I absolutely LOVE the program, and it's and my second "dream school" only because my fiancee may not be able to move there due to his job.

::sigh::
    mayo mayo mayo
    can't you see
    somehow your school
    has hypnotized me.......... :(