1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Pleeeez help...Michigan and Tufts

Discussion in 'Dental' started by jha, Apr 28, 2004.

1. jha

jha Junior Member

I have been accepted to both U of Michigan and Tufts...
    It is reallly .. I mean really tough to choose one...
    and the deadline is coming up...
    I see a lot of comments on Tufts but not enough on Michigan....
    I need some real advice from the real dental students! :)
    Any advice? :oops:

Thanks a million!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. VancouverDoc2b

VancouverDoc2b TheApprentice
    7+ Year Member

My cousins friend went to Michigan. He really loved it, the teachers, students, Ann Arbor, curriculum, everything. I think you should go to Michigan. Save a few bucks too.

Congrats, and good luck deciding! :thumbup:

4. claudiadent

claudiadent Member
    5+ Year Member

I can only give youa dvice as a Tufts 2008 student. Therefore, it is not too much help. But definitely let me know where you decide to go!

Claudia:)

5. Elephant21

Elephant21 New Member

I also got into both schools, but I decided to go to the University of Michigan for a number of reasons.
    -Excellent research opportunities
    -They are working very hard to have an overall balance with the clinical and research aspects
    -They recently started studying their material in systems
    -Class is 105 so bigger but not too big
    -Campus is beautiful
    -It is thousands of dollars cheaper than tufts (even if you're out of state like me)

I really enjoyed tufts school, and if you're really interested in clinical practice it's a good place to go. Hope that helps a bit!

6. lotanna

lotanna Child of God
    7+ Year Member

hmm my b/bf is at U of M dental schl, startin 4th yr, and I can tell u its awesome. He started gettin patient interaction 1st yr, by 2nd yr they were seeing patients. 3rd yr, he already had extensive clinic experience. Its a great schl, so much research opportunities. They changed curriculum so its sytem based, and I believe prosections as well.
    Great faculty, nice dental building, plus the medical center is right there, so ur clinical rotatations are exceptional!

U of M all the way, at least 4 dental schl (an i went to their arch rival, so u know this means a lot for me to say it) :laugh:

7. Mo007

Mo007 Gifted Hands
    10+ Year Member

Tufts is the better school for clinical experience... hands-down. The location of the school is just great, Boston downtown. The facilities are awesome, the lecture halls are perfect. Single-digit temperatures during winter, tuition and living costs are just the down side of the school, other than that... it's the school to go for.

I can't disagree with what people say about UMich; great football team, great college town, good research school, good hospitals, midwest setting, reasonable costs... maybe a better choice for someone who feels they can spend the next 4 years there.