1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Pleeeez help...Michigan and Tufts

Discussion in 'Dental' started by jha, Apr 28, 2004.

1. jha

jha Junior Member

I have been accepted to both U of Michigan and Tufts...
    It is reallly .. I mean really tough to choose one...
    and the deadline is coming up...
    I see a lot of comments on Tufts but not enough on Michigan....
    I need some real advice from the real dental students! :)
    Any advice? :oops:

Thanks a million!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. VancouverDoc2b

VancouverDoc2b TheApprentice
    7+ Year Member

My cousins friend went to Michigan. He really loved it, the teachers, students, Ann Arbor, curriculum, everything. I think you should go to Michigan. Save a few bucks too.

Congrats, and good luck deciding! :thumbup:

4. claudiadent

claudiadent Member
    5+ Year Member

I can only give youa dvice as a Tufts 2008 student. Therefore, it is not too much help. But definitely let me know where you decide to go!

Claudia:)

5. Elephant21

Elephant21 New Member

I also got into both schools, but I decided to go to the University of Michigan for a number of reasons.
    -Excellent research opportunities
    -They are working very hard to have an overall balance with the clinical and research aspects
    -They recently started studying their material in systems
    -Class is 105 so bigger but not too big
    -Campus is beautiful
    -It is thousands of dollars cheaper than tufts (even if you're out of state like me)

I really enjoyed tufts school, and if you're really interested in clinical practice it's a good place to go. Hope that helps a bit!

6. lotanna

lotanna Child of God
    7+ Year Member

hmm my b/bf is at U of M dental schl, startin 4th yr, and I can tell u its awesome. He started gettin patient interaction 1st yr, by 2nd yr they were seeing patients. 3rd yr, he already had extensive clinic experience. Its a great schl, so much research opportunities. They changed curriculum so its sytem based, and I believe prosections as well.
    Great faculty, nice dental building, plus the medical center is right there, so ur clinical rotatations are exceptional!

U of M all the way, at least 4 dental schl (an i went to their arch rival, so u know this means a lot for me to say it) :laugh:

7. Mo007

Mo007 Gifted Hands
    10+ Year Member

Tufts is the better school for clinical experience... hands-down. The location of the school is just great, Boston downtown. The facilities are awesome, the lecture halls are perfect. Single-digit temperatures during winter, tuition and living costs are just the down side of the school, other than that... it's the school to go for.

I can't disagree with what people say about UMich; great football team, great college town, good research school, good hospitals, midwest setting, reasonable costs... maybe a better choice for someone who feels they can spend the next 4 years there.