PLS HELP - ECE Report - Credit hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asghan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a decent gpa from ECE of 3.72, but my credit hours are just 125.00 is that going to be a problem. U of minnesota needs 126 credit hours, so i can't apply there. The rest colleges do they look at this.
I studied in a govt college, and don't know how i could end up with less than usaual 126 credit hours,
I did send a re evaluation to ECE but since its too late already and i haven't submitted to CAAPID, I feel i need to submit my original ECE report.
Any help would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I got a decent gpa from ECE of 3.72, but my credit hours are just 125.00 is that going to be a problem. U of minnesota needs 126 credit hours, so i can't apply there. The rest colleges do they look at this.
I studied in a govt college, and don't know how i could end up with less than usaual 126 credit hours,
I did send a re evaluation to ECE but since its too late already and i haven't submitted to CAAPID, I feel i need to submit my original ECE report.
Any help would be appreciated.

I'd never paid attention to this before... My curiosity just made me go back to my ECE report to check this "credit hours", 169.

Where did you go to school?

169? that's ridiculous. 126 -130 is the usual norm. I did BDS from a govt college in Kerala.

Members don't see this ad :)
169? that's ridiculous. 126 -130 is the usual norm. I did BDS from a govt college in Kerala.

'Usual normal', where did you take this number from?! That is ridiculous!

"US Equivalence: Completion of five years of study in dentistry program
Grade average: 3.14...
Total semester hour of credit: 169"

That is the very basic for a full time five year program (in Brazil). Your program had grossly 3/4 hour credit compared to mine.....

My specialty program (2 years full time ortho program) had 62.50 credit hour!

How many years/semesters is the dental program in India?

PS: I don't remember seen any of the schools I applied for asking for a minimum credit hour... I applied to UIC, USC, UOP, UPENN and UCSF.

ECE adds the total credit hours so your 2 yr specialty program must also had been included.so the 169. i meant ridiculous as in "wooah"..he he..not in a bad way!!

U Minnesota asks for a minimum of 126 credit hours. I suppose no other school does ask; but i hope they don't look into this.

india dental schools have 4yrs plus one yr internship and in some states like mine 4n half yrs plus one yr internship.

Last edited:
I was trying to figure out how mine is.. it's 126 and they've given 7 for every subject that was on a total of 200 and 3.5 for the 2 which were on 100.I did it from India too.May be you should try and see which one is not 7 and think why it may be so.Check if something was missed on your mark lists or score report.Your GPA seems to be fine.And anyway don't worry too much about it.Most universities didn't have a minimum requirement regarding the credit hours,though I did see 1 or 2 with it.And If you really want to apply to those universities,you could write to them,explain the situation and ask them for a waiver.Most people are flexible for genuine reasons.

thanks a lot goldendoc..i've contacted ece and waiting for their reply. however i hope its a mistake. i got a 5 in one subject and 7.5 in the rest. best of luck to u, and thanks for helping!!

even i never looked at total credit hrs before...i have 136 credit hours 8 in each subject all together 17 subjects ..
so scale is higher then 130 or may be 136 because i have few B grades :(

So it's really interesting...

On the ECE they separate my graduate and post-graduate studies and the total credit hour is given separately.

For the graduate dental program I have several disciplines that are either 3 or 4 credit hour, I have two 5 credit hour disciplines, and one 6 credit hour discipline. After summing them all together I came to the total of 131, then I thought about what you said that they might have added together my specialty program to have a 169... The problem is I did the same with the specialty program and the total credit hour for it (I summed each credit hour for each discipline) is 62.5!

If it was my graduate and pos-graduate together it was supposed to be 193.5 :eek:, so I have no idea whatsoever where did the 169 (that is written down on my ECE report) came from... :confused:

As I very curious person I'll give them a call and I'll came back here to report their explanation for that. :p