Pls help me put together *~ DO School List ~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lazybutt26

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you could help me put together a list of schools that I will have a chance at getting acceptances from;

-GPA: My cumulative GPA is 3.86 with science GPA of 3.79
-Non-traditional in a sense that I didn't go to college right away after high school/worked throughout college/married etc.
-State of residence: MA
-Major: Psychology and Minor: Biology
-Background: I grew up in South Korea in a small town with not much access to health care and education(my entire elementary school had a total of 12 students LOL) up until my family immigrated to the U.S at the age of 18. So as you can tell, English is not my first language, although I can speak it as it's my first language(practice makes perfect :)). My family didn't have any financial means to send me to school (I couldn't apply for the college loan either because I was an immigrant) so I worked for 2 years before college, saved up money and worked full time as well throughout the college taking 5-6 courses at a time in order to financially support myself. My science pre-requirements were taken at Harvard and I did well on them.
-MCAT: I had taken four MCAT with last one being 503. The previous ones were below 500 for a variety of reasons I don't think you'd need.
-Volunteer experience: Tutoring middle school students after school, volunteering at a soup kitchen for undeserved communities. I also medically volunteered/got involved in preventative care for undeserved communities.
-Clinical Experience/Work experience: I worked as a medical scribe for 2-3 years working at a variety of different specialty departments from endocrinology, ENT to oncology. I currently work as a coordinator at hospital in oncology unit where I speak to the patients, get their detailed oncologic history and coordinate their appointments. I am also in charge of tumor boards meetings.
-LOR: 4 letters (3 professor letters and 1 MD letter)

I am very interested in D.O schools and becoming a family physician or PCP as their principles seem to align very well with how I would like to practice medicine and care for my patients.

Here's what I have so far: if you think it's a reach, please do let me know so I can do some research on it

ACOM
ATSU-KCOM
ATSU-SOMA
BCOM
CUSOM
CCOM
DMU
KCU-COM
LECOM
LECOM-Bradenton
LMU-DCOM
RVUCOM