Plugging in grades on ADEA app...ecology? calculus?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Member 8586

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What does ecology go under? other science or biology? my school has it under the biology heading...but theres nothing listed about ecology in the list that you can click on under the categories

Calculus - other science? (mathematics is under "other science" but dont really see why)

Also, Fiction and Poetry & Drama ....English or Non-Science?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If its not biology, chemistry, or physics it belongs in other science. Ecology I believe is a bio course at most schools so it would be science (biology). and I would put fiction/poetry and drama in english. What does the prefix say on your transcript for these classes? does ecology have something like BIO 400 or something like that?

If its not biology, chemistry, or physics it belongs in other science. Ecology I believe is a bio course at most schools so it would be science (biology). and I would put fiction/poetry and drama in english. What does the prefix say on your transcript for these classes? does ecology have something like BIO 400 or something like that?

yeah ecology has a BI (biology) prefix

fiction and poetry/drama have an EL prefix, while my english comp class has a CM prefix...dont remember what the EL stands for lol

EDIT: I just noticed the 2nd page of that little list lol...has poetry under English so ill put fiction under there too

Last edited:
also, is a class considered a "repeated course" only if youre replacing a previous grade? what if you withdrew and retook it - does that constitute a "repeated course" as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well they double check your entries anyway. I didn't mark any classes as repeats since they never replaced grades. Berkeley also has this ******ed naming scheme where Calc I and Calc II are called Calculus, so for that as well I didn't mark it as repeated.

Unless your transcript indicated that you re-took a class I'd assume it counts as a first time.

UNRELATED--

The real thing that pisses me off is the fact that they count college classes you took BEFORE undergrad into your GPA. I took a ton of classes at a California State university before undergrad and didn't do as well as I'd have liked :(. Of course I was 14-16 during those 40 units I took but I doubt either AADSAS or the adcoms would care to look so deeply at my case. Unnecessarily my BCP is going to be lower than it should be...