Plz Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

annick

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HEY
I took part 1 in Dec 2006,got 88,couldn't apply to NYU,Boston,Colorado coz dint take toefl .Plz advice me guys 'should i retake it before applying to california dental schools or take part 2 by june and then apply.I am confused.:confused:
PLZZZ enlighten me.I desperately need some genuine advice.

Members don't see this ad.

I thought this forum is all about helping others and for discussions.
Can i get some advice from u friends .Nobody has replied to my query.
Thanks

hi annick,welcome to this forum..i am also a new member to this.first of all congrats for your score..it's a good one.i got only 85% and couldn't apply to any schools.
i am also giving a second thought about retaking the xam.instead, i feel like taking part2 but i don't have any idea how far it will help us as every body says that they don't consider part2.. or work under somebody get a good recommendation..
i am all confused even..
i hope that people in this forum will definitely help you out..don't worry..good luck:thumbup: .

HEY
I took part 1 in Dec 2006,got 88,couldn't apply to NYU,Boston,Colorado coz dint take toefl .Plz advice me guys 'should i retake it before applying to california dental schools or take part 2 by june and then apply.I am confused.:confused:
PLZZZ enlighten me.I desperately need some genuine advice.

hi annick,,,umm 88 is kinda tricky score,,well rather than judging or giving u any suggestion i wud like to tell u abt myself by which u can get an idea,,,i scored 89 and i was in same dilemma as u r in right now!!i asked to many ppl and everyone gave me different suggestions,,,,but then i went ahead and applied to 8 different schools,,,NYU,BU,UCSF,UOP,UPENN,UTHSCSA,UCLA,UCS,,got interview from 3schools,NYU,USC,UPENN,,,got rejection from UPENN,waitlisted at USC and accepted at NYU,,,,,,and UCSf told me its coz of my score they cant invite me,,coz they got a bunch of 96 and 98's,,and told me to improve my score,,,and BU has called ppl with 86 and 85 and has not even called me for an interview,,,,so basically its very tricky and difficult to understand the criteria of schools,,if ur GPA is good u stand a good chance in NYU,,,regarding california schools u need to have good hand skills once u r invited for interview,,if u r adamant to get into BU,,,without any second thought retake and get somewhere around 95+,,I cant comment on UPENN,,coz i fail to understand their criteria,,,
well in a nutshell i would like to say if u have enough guts,,retaking is always better if u can improve ur score to 95+,,then life's gonna be very simple and easy,,but if u have enough patience to face all ups and downs during admission procedure then stick with this score and join some dental office to gain some experience,,coz work experience counts a lot,,or if u have access to do some research or something go ahead...Part 2 doesnt help much except for some schools which require it as a must,,,,
Now u r the best judge,,,

all the best......