plz answer this question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gudluk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
when does porphyromonas gingivalis appears in the oral cavity?

1. at birth
2. during adolescence
3.immediately before periodontal disease
4.after periodontal disease

Members don't see this ad.

adolescence.
initial colonization of this organism is seen in 13yrs..and
intial colonization of p.intermedia is seen between 8 -10 yrs.

Ans:after periodontal disease

The bacterium is a major causative agent in the initiation and progression of severe forms of periodontal disease. P. gingivalis is a late or secondary colonizer of the oral cavity, a process that is facilitated by other microbial species that provide attachment sites, as well as supply growth substrates, and reduce oxygen tension to levels optimal for growth of P. gingivalis. Among the early plaque organisms that P. gingivalis adheres to are the oral streptococci (35, 36) and Actinomyces naeslundii (19). Adherence is facilitated by a variety of bacterial surface proteins, including fimbriae, hemagglutinins, and proteinases. P. gingivalis also binds to late colonizers such as Fusobacterium nucleatum, Treponema denticola, and Bacteroides forsythus (now renamed Tanerella forsythensis) (20, 30, 72). The use of a variety of metabolic strategies appears to enable the success of this microbial community. Once established, P. gingivalis cells participate in intercellular communication networks with other oral prokaryotic cells, as well as with eukaryotic cells (37).

i also thought adolescence ....but different people come up with different answers all the time....so just wanted to make sure...thnx anyways..

Members don't see this ad :)
after an influenzal virus infection patient is susceptible to develop which infection??

1.mycoplasma pnemonaie
2.staph auereus
3.strept pyogens

staph aureus
i jst went through virology notes frm kaplan nbde that mention there is potential progression to viral pneumonia or secondary bacterial infection{especially staph}
correct me if its wrong .