Plz help me for preparing NBDE part 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jatt007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In anatomy, apart from head and neck do we need to study other systems thoroughly.. and also in physiology do we need to know details of all the systems????
Also in micro do we have to study all the bacteria ,fungi ,viruses and parasites in full detail
appreciate your reply...
Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

u have to know everything, the questions will be general so no body can guess the questions, my advice is to start with dental decks and old exams, then if u have time go through books. Good luck

In anatomy, apart from head and neck do we need to study other systems thoroughly.. and also in physiology do we need to know details of all the systems????
Also in micro do we have to study all the bacteria ,fungi ,viruses and parasites in full detail
appreciate your reply...
Thanks in advance

I think it is safe to say that the more common and popular the bug (esp in dentistry) the more likely they will test on it. For example, HIV, strep, staph, etc. know the basics!

Most of the rest of the body is tested in less detail, at least no where near the detail of Head and Neck.

Members don't see this ad :)
appreciate your reply...
Thanks in advance

Know the head and neck in detail and the rest of the body (including arms and legs) in general and know the major systems in physiology in detail as well. Yes you need to know bacteria fungi and viruses, but as mentioned by another poster, you will get more questions on organisms like staph, strep, HIV, candida.... Do yourself a favor and buy the dental decks and/or a copy of the First Aid book for NBDE part I. I also suggest you get some old tests to get a feel what you will be tested on. I've used these the for the last month and am feeling ready - 3 more days. I'll be glad when its done.

Dental Decks
First Aid for NBDE

Thx a tonne fellow sdner's for your help and guidance... really appreciate it.. Best of luck to all..
Cheers