PLZ HELP ME OUT WITH DESTROYER OCHEM 174, i believe it is wrong

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDS13

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I asked this earlier this week and only one person replied, but I am still confused, because I am 100 % sure that I am write. for number 174 in ochem, choice b is not acetal, it is ketal, there is no right answer for that question. acetal is when c is bonded to 2 OR, 1 H, and 1 R. anyone. PLZZZZZZZ

Members don't see this ad.

PS The OR's are connected to the C's not the H's. Unfortunately it's not being saved the way i want it to. SO THINK OF IT THAT WAY.

OK so ketal is
OR
l
RCR'
l
OR

and acetal is
OR
l
HCR
l
OR
Y is it wrong??
U seem to b making a huge deal out of this, if this question was on ur DAT would u leave it blank or chose b? Personally i think its fine. Isn't it:
OR
l
H-C-CH2CH2CH3
l
OR

well, in my dat, there is no choice to choose the best anwer there, but i wanna see maybe im making a mistake. acetal should have and H, but here even though it says it is acetal, it has a R. so, u agree with me?

Members don't see this ad :)
DDS13, im sure you know the difference between the two.

I think there's probably a typo and that methyl group is suppose to be an H instead.

thanks guys for relieving my confusion. i have couple of more days and im going nuts