Plz help me with these questions.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jatt007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1.Which of the following anatomic factors will restrict the amount of lateral shift that can occur on a working condyle?
a. medial wall of the articular fossa on the working side.
b. superior wall of the articular fossa on the non-working side.
c. capsular ligaments.
d. stylohyoid ligament.
e. stylomandibular ligament
2. which of the following nerves travels from the carotid triangle into submandibular triangle of the neck?
a)lingual
b)hypoglossal
c)great auricular
d)ansa cervicalis
e)recurrent laryngeal

3. Enamel rods converge as they pass from the dentinoenamel junction toward the surface in the area of the
a. cervical line of permanent teeth.
b. cervical line of primary teeth.
c. fissures.

PLZ EXPLAIN THE ANsWER TO QUES #3 and 4

4. . 0.2 Mole/l Nacl solution and 0.2 M/l glucose solution are separated by the membrane that is impermeable to the solution and permeable to water which of the following statement is correct
a. The water will go from glucose to saline solution
b.The water will go from saline to glucose

C.Dynamic equilibrium

5..2.Parasympathetics leaving the brain on the oculomotor nerve:
a. enter the orbit through the optic canal
b. supply motor innervations to the lacrimal gland
c. synapse in the pterygopalatine ganglion
d. supply motor innervations to dilator pupillae and sphincter pupillae
e. cause constriction of the pupil and accommodation

..reduced serum potassium (hypokalemia) might produce which of the following results?
a. reduced membrane threshold potential
b. Elevated mambrane thresold potential
c. Hyperpolarized cell membrane potential
d. Hypopolarized cell membrane potential
e. Hyperactive nuoromuscular reflexes

.which of the following best describes the motor neurons that are typically found in the anterior (ventral) horn of the spinal cord?
a.bipolar
b.unipolar
c.purkinje
d.multipolar
e.pseuounipolar

8.carbon tetrachloride causes rapid injury to which of th following?
a.lung
b.liver
c.heart
d.kidney
e.bone marrow
9.which of the following represents the most reliable criterion for pathogenicity of staphylococci?
a.hemolysis
b.pigment production
c.coagulase production
d.mannitol fermentation
e.liquefaction of gelatin

10.which of the following conditions is oxygen partial pressure low in arterial blood?
a.anemia

.b.polycythemia
c.pulmonary AV shunt
d.hypovolemia due to hemorrhage

.. The primary defect in myopia is related to which of the following?
a.unequal curvature of refracting material of the cornea
b.Eyeball length relative to refractive power of the lens.?????????
c.Defeciency of vitamin A for conversion to rhodopsin
d.loss of elasticity of crystallline lens
e.detachment of the retina
THANX ,,,,PLZ REPLY SOON

Members don't see this ad.

1.Which of the following anatomic factors will restrict the amount of lateral shift that can occur on a working condyle?
a. medial wall of the articular fossa on the working side.
b. superior wall of the articular fossa on the non-working side.
c. capsular ligaments.
d. stylohyoid ligament.
e. stylomandibular ligament.

2. which of the following nerves travels from the carotid triangle into submandibular triangle of the neck?
a)lingual
b)hypoglossal
c)great auricular
d)ansa cervicalis
e)recurrent laryngeal
3. Enamel rods converge as they pass from the dentinoenamel junction toward the surface in the area of the
a. cervical line of permanent teeth.
b. cervical line of primary teeth.
c. fissures.

An Enamel rod is the basic unit of enamel In permanent teeth, the enamel rods near the cementoenamel junction (CEJ) tilt slightly more toward the root of the tooth than would be expected. Knowing the orientation of enamel is very important in restorative dentistry because enamel unsupported by underlying dentin is prone to fracture and usually is avoided

4. . 0.2 Mole/l Nacl solution and 0.2 M/l glucose solution are separated by the membrane that is impermeable to the solution and permeable to water which of the following statement is correct
a. The water will go from glucose to saline solution
b.The water will go from saline to glucose
C.Dynamic equilibrium

will be both in a dynamic equilibrium because is 0.2 m/l of both solutions see buffering capacity too. can help you

5..2.Parasympathetics leaving the brain on the oculomotor nerve:.
.a. enter the orbit through the optic canal.
.b. supply motor innervations to the lacrimal gland.
.c. synapse in the pterygopalatine ganglion.
.d. supply motor innervations to dilator pupillae and sphincter pupillae.
.e. cause constriction of the pupil and accommodation.
The visceromotor or parasympathetic component of the oculomotor nerve travels with inferior division. In the orbit the inferior division sends branches that enter the ciliary ganglion where they form functional contacts (synapses) with the ganglion cells. The ganglion cells send nerve fibers into the back of the eye where they travel to ultimately innervate the ciliary muscle and the constrictor pupillae muscle.
They can make confuse you self but if you know they can’t

.6....reduced serum potassium (hypokalemia) might produce which of the following results?.
.a. reduced membrane threshold potential.
.b. Elevated mambrane thresold potential.
.c. Hyperpolarized cell membrane potential.
.d. Hypopolarized cell membrane potential.
.e. Hyperactive nuoromuscular reflexes.
Potassium is essential for many body functions, including muscle and nerve activity. Potassium is the principal intracellularcation, with a concentration of about 145 mEq/L, as compared with a normal value of 3.5 - 5.0 mEq/L in extracellular fluid, including blood. More than 98% of the body's potassium is intracellular; measuring it from a blood sample is relatively insensitive, with small fluctuations in the blood corresponding to very large changes in the total bodily reservoir of potassium..
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']The electrochemical gradient of potassium between intracellular and extracellular space is essential for nerve function; in particular, potassium is needed to repolarize the cell membrane to a resting state after an action potential has passed. Decreased potassium levels in the extracellular space will cause hyperpolarization of the resting membrane potential. This hyperpolarization is caused by the effect of the altered potassium gradient on resting membrane potential as defined by the Goldman equation. As a result, a greater than normal stimulus is required for depolarization of the membrane in order to initiate an action potential.

.7...which of the following best describes the motor neurons that are typically found in the anterior (ventral) horn of the spinal cord?.
.a.bipolar.
.b.unipolar.
.c.purkinje.
.d.multipolar.
.e.pseuounipolar.
correct me if i am wrong PLZ
.8.carbon tetrachloride causes rapid injury to which of th following?.
.a.lung.
.b.liver.
.c.heart.
.d.kidney:rolleyes:.
.e.bone marrow.
BUT THE KIDNEY IS AFFETED TOO

.9.which of the following represents the most reliable criterion for pathogenicity of staphylococci?.
.a.hemolysis.
.b.pigment production.
.c.coagulase production.
.d.mannitol fermentation.
.e.liquefaction of gelatin.
the coagulase test is a simple way to differentiate staf aureus from coagulase negative s.cocci
10.which of the following conditions is oxygen partial pressure low in arterial blood?
a.anemia
.b.polycythemia.
.c.pulmonary AV shunt.
.d.hypovolemia due to hemorrhage.
correct me if i am wrong PLZ

.11.... The primary defect in myopia is related to which of the following?.
.a.unequal curvature of refracting material of the cornea :eek:.
.b.Eyeball length relative to refractive power of the lens.?????????.
.c.Defeciency of vitamin A for conversion to rhodopsin.
.d.loss of elasticity of crystallline lens CAN BE TOO.
.e.detachment of the retina.

correct me if i am wrong PLZ:confused:
.THANX ,,,,PLZ REPLY SOON.

hi thanx for answering the quesns....
But i still cannot get the enamel rods question....:oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
also in the ques.......
.7...which of the following best describes the motor neurons that are typically found in the anterior (ventral) horn of the spinal cord?.
.a.bipolar.
.b.unipolar.
.c.purkinje.
.d.multipolar.
.e.pseuounipolar

Shouldn't the answer be multipolar because unipolar neurons are found in invertebraes....?????

also in the ques.......
.a.bipolar.
.b.unipolar.
.c.purkinje.
.d.multipolar.
.e.pseuounipolar.

.Shouldn't the answer be multipolar because unipolar neurons are found in invertebraes....?????.

\

The ventral horns contain the a-motor neurons, whose axons exit the cord via the ventral roots and:confused: travel directly to the muscles in that case i dont know you answ. sorry :(

sorry and i will
Keep searching

also in the ques.......
.a.bipolar.
.b.unipolar.
.c.purkinje.
.d.multipolar.
.e.pseuounipolar.

.Shouldn't the answer be multipolar because unipolar neurons are found in invertebraes....????? .
My friend, your answer is multipolar vertral and unipolar dorsali
i haved enjoyment having looking for the answer :thumbup:Thanks

a.anemia
b.polycythemia
c.pulmonary AV shunt
d.hypovolemia due to hemorrhage

Can the answer to this be polycythemia ? Due to increased viscosity ? Can someone explain ?

11.. The primary defect in myopia is related to which of the following
b.Eyeball length relative to refractive power of the lens [near- or short-sightedness, is a refractive defect of the eye in which collimated light produces image focus in front of the retina when accommodation is relaxed ]n With myopia, the eyeball is too long .

pulmonary A-V shunt [shunts can be caused by collapsed alveoli that are still perfused or a block in ventilation to an area of the lung. Whatever the mechanism, blood meant for the pulmonary system is not ventilated and so no gas exchange occurs (the ventilation/perfusion ratio is zero],
but in Polycythemia, the partial pressure of oxygen in arterial blood is normal. there is net increase in the total number of red blood cells in the body. The overproduction of red blood cells may be due to a primary process in the bone marrow (a so-called myeloproliferative syndrome), or it may be a reaction to chronically LOW OXYGEN LEVELS.

8.carbon tetrachloride causes rapid injury to which of th following ?
liver

hi..guys..
i feel, for the nacl and glucose question, its water moves from glucose to nacl solution..bcoz, nacl vl dissociate into na and cl..., so more solutes in nacl than in glucose soln which vl not dissociate....since, water always moves in the direction of elevated solutes, it moves from glucose to nacl soln...
anyone can please explain if what im thinking is wrong...

Each of the following is attributable to hepatic failure EXCEPT:
-Tremor
-Gynecomastia
-Mallory Body

I know that Mallory bodies are most commonly found in the livers of people suffering from alcoholic hepatitis

The answer key says Gynecomastia I think its wrong right?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

ya the ans is gynecomastia - as it is the development of abnormally large mammary glands in males n caused bec of hormonal imbalance .
Tremor can be caused bec of overreactive thyroid or liver failure.