PLz help me.........

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.raju

impdoc
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am a dentist from India with 5 years of experience.Now iam here in USA.After coming to here i got the total picture of dental career.It's really frustrating.I swear i mean it. We had no problem except making big bucks in back home.But once we are here we have to look for success here.

Iam very new to all these stuff.Iam getting frustration. Plz help me by guiding to right pathway.What i want to know is:

1) which are the countries that allows Indian dentist to work as a dentist with out further schooling.

( If our poor dads can spend 160 or 180 k, then why we will come to here, with that money we can have a very good and free life there it self.Excuse me Software husbands,rich guys who can spend that much here)

2) If so, then what are those countries and what are the formalities we have to complete to get licence to practice there.

( visa formalities,and other formalities)

3) And finally what are the best jobs here for us, and what are the best ways to get dentist licence here.

( It will be very helpful if u can give total inforamtion about our career & chances here)

I appreciate help.Your replys gives me a new life.It will be like getting coke & mineral water in sahara desert.Oxygen to pateint.Thanks for u r help.
Take care. have a nice day.bye.

Members don't see this ad.

Dr.raju said:
Hi,

I am a dentist from India with 5 years of experience.Now iam here in USA.After coming to here i got the total picture of dental career.It's really frustrating.I swear i mean it. We had no problem except making big bucks in back home.But once we are here we have to look for success here.

Iam very new to all these stuff.Iam getting frustration. Plz help me by guiding to right pathway.What i want to know is:

1) which are the countries that allows Indian dentist to work as a dentist with out further schooling.

( If our poor dads can spend 160 or 180 k, then why we will come to here, with that money we can have a very good and free life there it self.Excuse me Software husbands,rich guys who can spend that much here)

2) If so, then what are those countries and what are the formalities we have to complete to get licence to practice there.

3) And finally what are the best jobs here for us, and what are the best ways to get dentist licence here.

( It will be very helpful if u can give total inforamtion about our career & chances here)

I appreciate help.Your replys gives me a new life.It will be like getting coke & mineral water in sahara desert.Oxygen to pateint.Thanks for u r help.

Dr.raju said:
Hi,

Bfore anything ,Welcome to America.Thanx for being this honest and also my first advice as an american to you,"there is no place for a guy looking for pity in this country."Buckle up son.Go through all the forums here.People have opened pretty interesting threads here.Make use of it.See what you can do and more important see what you can't do.People could be honest here and occassionally misleading(not intentional),just use your rational thinking and do your best ,doing whatever you are doing now.Remember ,if you cant make it in America ,you cant make it anywhere.That is why millions come here to prove their worth.You will find a way out,hook or crook.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey dr. raju,
i totally agree with simpledoc and bbgun!!!welcome to america from my side too!!! i do sympathetise with u but believe me,there r tons of people in the same boat......i know in the beginning it's dark and gloomy,but trust me, grasp this website as your torch and everything will seem clearer......u will have all the support,info u want right here.....just remember,u have to help yourself here in usa,nobody can do it for you.....all the best....don't worry,it will work out eventually,it always does.......

hi raju
welcome to America!!even i felt the same way when i came here !!but,u can make use of these forums and i think u have good chance in Minnisota and huwaii as their main criteria is work experience in ur home country.u can call up to ada and ask them to mail their ''hand book for international dentist'' to u . That contains various options u have in US and contact info of state dental boards .Be optimistic,everything will be alright !!!All the very best for ur career in US!!!

Dr.raju said:
Hi,

Iam very new to all these stuff.Iam getting frustration. Plz help me by guiding to right pathway.

Hey Dr.raju,
firstly you have not mentioned anything about your immigration status in the US. if u r a permamnent resident or citizen you are eligible for loans for ur education in the USA. It may be a big amount but it is always possible to pay it back if and when u do get a job.

secondly if u do come in the above mentioned categories then i consider you lucky. you don't have to feel so low because i on the other hand feel that since you have 5 years of work experience in India you will know a lot about dentistry...more than most other people at least. also do you have any post graduate education from India.

most other countries do not accept our standards of dental education because it various in other countries in aspects that we are not that well trained in ethics, infection control, methodology, etc. to add to this discrepancies in our system have crept up from time to time which makes other countries doubt the credbility of the Indian system.

for example it was said in the 70's every indian used to go to the UK for further studies in medicine. however in the mid 70's a student from a medical college in the state of bihar passed his medicine exams by internal malpractice done by the university. when he landed in england during his orientation classes he could not tell which side of the body the spleen was. from that day onwards institutions all over the world have not recognised medical and allied degrees from our country.

it is not fair that even with reforms and changes in the education system that we have to be content with the present day situation but the power to change it is not in our hands. we just have to accept that fact and go along with the system. unlike the US the UK, australia and other other countries let u take a licensing exam after which you you can practice irrespective of whether u have a bachelor's or master's degree from India and no extra education from their country.

i think with the experience you have you can definitely go to the middle east. they are still taking people based on the number of years of experience they have which is quite good in your case.

as far dentistry in the US goes you should consider yourself lucky to be there. Back home here in India you can see that all our text books are written by american authors and every specification that we compare with is based on their sytem. why wouldn't it be nice to be there ??

i hope this cheers you up a little :)

lasjy

smilee said:
hi raju
welcome to America!!even i felt the same way when i came here !!but,u can make use of these forums and i think u have good chance in Minnisota and huwaii as their main criteria is work experience in ur home country.u can call up to ada and ask them to mail their ''hand book for international dentist'' to u . That contains various options u have in US and contact info of state dental boards .Be optimistic,everything will be alright !!!All the very best for ur career in US!!!

Hawaii don't accept anymore applications for RT exams effective May 12,2004

Hi,

Thanks to everybody who gave me their most valueble information to me.I appreciate it.I heard about this website, but now i experienced.I am very happy with the response for my request.Once again thanks to evreybody.Hope good days ahead.Have a great day.enjoy.And i wish all the best for everyone.

best regards,
dr.raju

molarsupport said:
Hawaii don't accept anymore applications for RT exams effective May 12,2004

Means, they too closed their doors? :eek:

So, looks like future foreign trained dentist in USA have no choice left other than joing IDP program..Hope they don't close that too, in that case I cannot imagine spending 4 more yrs in school again :eek:

So far Minnesotta is the only state that has an open door..but who knows they may also close at any time :eek:

I heard Wisconsin is open too. :)

molarsupport said:
I heard Wisconsin is open too. :)

Wisconsin!?..Is it like Minnesotta(where we can take the licensing exam if we have pass scores in part 1nbde & 2 yrs of clinical experience as dentist in home country)?
Pls tell me more.........