plzz explain

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

passiondentistr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1] How does extra plasma water causes Hyponatremia??
I know its related to the ECF volume ie decrease in ECF will lead to hyponatremia n this inturn causes decrease in serum osmolarity .
hopefully I am rite till here ...

2]R the cardiovascular changes occuring from supine to standing n from standing to supine positions the SAME ??

Members don't see this ad.

2]R the cardiovascular changes occuring from supine to standing n from standing to supine positions the SAME ??[/quote]
I am not sure but think it is not the same in supine position heart rate increases and on standing it decrease.
correct me if i am wrong by the way where are you getting these questions from?

i think with extra plasma water there is hyponatremia in blood but not in interstitial ECF and same way plasma oncotic pressure decreases so there would be outward movement of water to balance the concentration in interstitial ECF and Blood. and this would result in the hyponatremic state all over. plasma oncotic pressure is decreased due to decreased concentration of albumin in the plasma as water is more.
I hope i am right

i think when body is in supine position the heart doesnt have to pump blood against gravity as all the organs are on the same height so for each contraction the work load is decreased but i dont think there would be any change until there is some underlying pathology. yes there is a difference if we suddenly stand up. but i dont think ther is any in two cases expect for that the heart would thank us for giving some rest :D