PM&R/Pain + SNF Consults

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PainDoc2025

Resident Physician [PM&R]
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any PM&R/Pain docs do any random weekends of SNF consults (1099)? Have any of you heard of people doing this? It seems like a good option to make extra cash, especially for younger attendings that may be okay doing 1 weekend/month of consults and grinding on the side which is typically pretty easy work and can be pretty lucrative.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Have been thinking of doing this for quite sometime just haven’t pulled the trigger. I’d been interested in hearing from anyone who has been or has done it in the past

Reactions: 1 users
Is it a consultant role only where you just give recommendations and maybe do some joint injections?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any PM&R/Pain docs do any random weekends of SNF consults (1099)? Have any of you heard of people doing this? It seems like a good option to make extra cash, especially for younger attendings that may be okay doing 1 weekend/month of consults and grinding on the side which is typically pretty easy work and can be pretty lucrative.
Who’s offering this gig? What do they do when there’s a patient in pain at the SNF during the weekday?

So when I did it it was more like 2 x a week as a PM&R consultant which included all the basic MSK stuff and PMR stuff. If you only doing joint injections I’m not sure how long it will take to get the type of volume that would make it worth the time. IMEs are easier to do once a month and scale up to six figures

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah IME's greatly offset the low reimbursement I get for EMG's. Almost makes EMG's still worth doing, despite the patients being such wussies.

Reactions: 1 users