1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

PMR accredited

Discussion in 'Pain Medicine' started by iae3, Feb 19, 2007.

1. iae3

Which are the accredited PMR pain fellowship programs???

I heard that UCLA lost its accreditation...is this true? when i go on to the acgme site, it shows it is accredited.

Thanks!

2. mehul_25

mehul_25 Dude!!!
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Spaulding, RIC, NRH should definitely be safe. Falco likely safe. Not sure about the rest. Michigan and Colorado might have to integrate or have already done so. I thought ULCA would be okay but I am uncertain.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. paz5559

10+ Year Member

I did not believe RIC was accredited - so I went to the ACGME website, and low and behold, if fact, it is!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. gecko

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'm a fellow at UCLA's PMR program, and know we're accredited, and don't anticipate any changes in the near future.

5. Ligament

Ligament Interventional Pain Management
    Physician Lifetime Donor Verified Account 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    This is very true. The Univ. Michigan anesthesiology pain fellowship will be integrated with the PM&R pain fellowship by July 1 '07.

6. axm397

axm397 SDN Moderator
    Moderator Physician Verified Expert 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    It's NOT the RIC MSK fellowship through SSRC - it's the one with Dr. Stanos through the chronic pain center at RIC. You rotate through Northwestern Anesthsiology pain and vice versa. I think it's relatively new - starting this year....

7. Finally M3

Finally M3 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    :confused: :scared: :eek: :barf:

Enough emotes, yet?

8. oyabun

oyabun Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Virginia Commonwealth Univeristy/Medical College of Virginia in Richmond is still ACGME accredited. No changes in that status is anticipated in the future.

9. lobelsteve

lobelsteve SDN Lifetime Donor
    Lifetime Donor Verified Account 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Any info on how they will meet the criteria on the PIF? Did they get together with the ANes folks?

10. mehul_25

mehul_25 Dude!!!
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    This program has a great deal of potential. One of the residents I graduated with from last year is there now as a fellow. They spend substanial time with someone of the anesthesia faculty at the VA (I think this person is also part fo the anesthesia department at MCV). They also have ACGME residencies in psych and ?neuro...