PMR applying for interventional pain

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rehabdoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
any PGY-4's applying for interventional pain?

I wanted to know what programs you have had responce by getting interview.
any tips on interview there?

How many application did you send?
How many interviews did you get?
did they look down on PMR applying there?

good luck
rehab doc

Members don't see this ad.

I'm at the Harvard program at Spaulding and several of our residents have gone on to Pain Fellowships. Every single resident that applied has gotten a fellowship. Only one person from this year's PGY-4s applied and he got the Pediatric/Adult Interventional Pain Fellowship at Longwood. Here's the link to the program:

http://www.childrenshospital.org/training/anesthesia/longwood.html

Also, one of the current Pain fellows at MGH's Anesthesia Fellowship is one of our graduates. So, I think that there are many programs that will take PM&R applicants. Additionally, Spaulding has recently gotten ACGME accreditation for its own Pain Fellowship. Good luck.

Hey stinky tofu,
I got all the Boston interviews and have completed most of them . I was interested to know about interventional pain in different states.
Rehab doc

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that UC Davis' program is a combined effort from both PM&R and Anesthesiology. They take three PM&R graduates and three Anesthesia graduates each year. Where did you interview at and what did you think of the different programs in Boston?

I will let you know once the contract is signed. I didn't apply to Spaulding since it is heavily inpt oriented.

Rehabdoc,

is it too late to apply? I want to apply.. what are your recommendations. I would feel that anesthesiologist are superior to us PM&R guys... I would rather stick with PM&R programs but there doesnt seem to be many around.