Other PMR prelim

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bazinga1983

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just a quick question.

I interviewed for PMR at an advance university program in November. I also applied to their prelim medicine and general surgery program as well for it to be used as a prelim year for PMR.

However, I have not received an interview for prelim medicine and surgery at the same institute. Friend of mine, pgy 5 ortho resident, helped me getting my interview. So my question is this:

Can i still match PMR at this place without getting an interview for prelim surgery and or medicine? If so, will i be "assigned" one of their prelim/transitional etc spot to fulfill requirement for PMR? I understand it is my responsibility to find a prelim spot whether in the match or in soap. So i guess i am just trying to see if programs save their prelim spots for their students/residents who matched in an advance program but no prelim spot WITHOUT interviewing them? In other words, can people from PMR pick up the phone or whatever the case may be ask to take me for one of their prelim spots even though they never interviewed me?

Sorry for confusion.

Thank you very much!

P.S. I did send a thank you e-mail to every single person i spoke to during the interview and program director replied saying, paraphrasing, great you enjoyed your visit and ill forward your sentiments to the committee."

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: