bbpiano1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2005
Status (Visible)
So there is a new red version of Pocket Medicine (2007), but I have the option of buying the blue edition (2004). Anyone know if there are major differences between the two? Worth spending the extra money on the new edition?

anon-y-mouse

10+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
So there is a new red version of Pocket Medicine (2007), but I have the option of buying the blue edition (2004). Anyone know if there are major differences between the two? Worth spending the extra money on the new edition?

While I cannot tell you what the differences are in the editions, i feel that one of the strengths of pocket medicine is that it cites important journal articles and studies for treatment protocols... it is something to keep on top of, i think.

Scaredshizzles

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2007
Status (Visible)

If they put out a new edition every year I would consider buying it. They really have up to date citations of the literature and recommendations out there. Some sections are better than others, but as a general book it is great.

About the Ads

diosa428

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
Status (Visible)
The red one has a better organization. I'd go with the red.

BigRedBeta

Why am I in a handbasket?
10+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician

Co-sign...I think that's the biggest difference. The red one is much easier to read. Regardless of which edition you get, it's definitely a 'must-have'.

ginger60

10+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]

Agree as well. More up-to-date, better organized. The medicine residents I worked with kept stealing mine for these reasons.

Droopy Snoopy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2006
The Alamo
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Go with the 07. Believe me the organization is key when you're walking into a patient's room knowing your staff is about to ask you to give a little improv presentation on hyperaldosteronism.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.