pocket pc apps

Discussion in 'Tech: Medical Apps, iOS, Android, medical devices' started by noncestvrai, Dec 19, 2005.

1. noncestvrai

noncestvrai Member
    5+ Year Member

I just got myself an Axim x51v, I need to put some meat in it, medical of course.

Any suggestions? help?

thx =)

noncestvrai

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Dr. Yanknpull

Dr. Yanknpull Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Also, how much memory do you guys recommend? I am trying to decide twixt a 2 or 4 GB SD card for my pocket pc? Is four too much if I am only loading on medical meat?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dr. Octagon

Dr. Octagon New Member

Medical Student
    I use Harrison's, Dr. Drugs and Stedman's the most. G5MCC is also nice. The recall series is nice to have before exams, and a specialty reference can be handy for specific classes or rounds.

You probably won't want to study from your pda but just use it for reference when you're away from your books. Keep that in mind. Also, less is more. Better to have a few books that you can quickly navigate than tons of material. Skyscape.com has a good selection and you can try everything before you buy it.

2gb should be plenty if you're only using it medical software. The largest program I'm using is Stedman's ~ 20MB, most programs are ~ 10MB.

4. brainstorm

brainstorm Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    My own Dell Axim x51v is ordered and on its way...
    i am also curious to see if any of you have any experience or heard of the Epocrates Essentials subscription which gives you the integrated Rx pro, SxDx, Lab reference/interpretation, and Med tools...for a pricey $150 for 1 yr or $245 for 2 yrs.

I'd like to know if it is a worthy investment as I will be starting my internship year come July.

thanks.

oh, by the way the SxDx is an integrated disease diagnosis/treatment tool that has brought together Griffith's 5-Minute Clinical Consult and the Massachusetts General Hospital's Laboratory of Computer Science

5. Dr. Octagon

Dr. Octagon New Member

Medical Student
    I tried the free version of Epocrates Essentials and I wasn't too impressed. I liked the calculator most which didn't justify keeping it installed.

I'd rather just buy something once that updates for free. And in my opinion, Dr. Drugs and ABC's Lab Data is better than what Epocrates has to offer.

That's just my opinion though.

6. dataman

dataman Membership Revoked
    Removed

Pre-Medical
    I defintly recommend SPB POcket Plus and SPB Time...