Technology pocket pc apps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

noncestvrai

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got myself an Axim x51v, I need to put some meat in it, medical of course.

Any suggestions? help?

thx =)

noncestvrai

Members don't see this ad.

Also, how much memory do you guys recommend? I am trying to decide twixt a 2 or 4 GB SD card for my pocket pc? Is four too much if I am only loading on medical meat?

noncestvrai said:
I just got myself an Axim x51v, I need to put some meat in it, medical of course.

Any suggestions? help?

thx =)

noncestvrai

I use Harrison's, Dr. Drugs and Stedman's the most. G5MCC is also nice. The recall series is nice to have before exams, and a specialty reference can be handy for specific classes or rounds.

You probably won't want to study from your pda but just use it for reference when you're away from your books. Keep that in mind. Also, less is more. Better to have a few books that you can quickly navigate than tons of material. Skyscape.com has a good selection and you can try everything before you buy it.

Dr. Yanknpull said:
Also, how much memory do you guys recommend? I am trying to decide twixt a 2 or 4 GB SD card for my pocket pc? Is four too much if I am only loading on medical meat?

2gb should be plenty if you're only using it medical software. The largest program I'm using is Stedman's ~ 20MB, most programs are ~ 10MB.

Members don't see this ad :)
My own Dell Axim x51v is ordered and on its way...
i am also curious to see if any of you have any experience or heard of the Epocrates Essentials subscription which gives you the integrated Rx pro, SxDx, Lab reference/interpretation, and Med tools...for a pricey $150 for 1 yr or $245 for 2 yrs.

I'd like to know if it is a worthy investment as I will be starting my internship year come July.

thanks.

oh, by the way the SxDx is an integrated disease diagnosis/treatment tool that has brought together Griffith's 5-Minute Clinical Consult and the Massachusetts General Hospital's Laboratory of Computer Science

brainstorm said:
My own Dell Axim x51v is ordered and on its way...
i am also curious to see if any of you have any experience or heard of the Epocrates Essentials subscription which gives you the integrated Rx pro, SxDx, Lab reference/interpretation, and Med tools...for a pricey $150 for 1 yr or $245 for 2 yrs.

I'd like to know if it is a worthy investment as I will be starting my internship year come July.

thanks.

oh, by the way the SxDx is an integrated disease diagnosis/treatment tool that has brought together Griffith's 5-Minute Clinical Consult and the Massachusetts General Hospital's Laboratory of Computer Science

I tried the free version of Epocrates Essentials and I wasn't too impressed. I liked the calculator most which didn't justify keeping it installed.

I'd rather just buy something once that updates for free. And in my opinion, Dr. Drugs and ABC's Lab Data is better than what Epocrates has to offer.

That's just my opinion though.

I defintly recommend SPB POcket Plus and SPB Time...