Apr 4, 2013
San Antonio TX
www.youtube.com
Status
Pre-Podiatry
In a dilemma:
Have my POD app completed and ready to go, however my letter writers said they can't have my letters done until mid/end of this month. I really want to get my app in ASAP...should I wait for the LOR or just send in my apps now anyways? If so, do you know if any POD schools will still interview you or accept you before receiving the LORs or no?
Thanks!

Biomechanix

5+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2014
California
Status
Dental Student
Hello,

If your application is complete, then I encourage you to submit as soon as possible. I have submitted mine on 9/12 to 6 schools while waiting for a DPM to write my letter. I already had my faculty letters ready, but I received interview invites to all 6 schools prior to sending the LORs via interfolio.

In regards to acceptance, I am not sure. I have my first interview at Western 10/9, so hopefully the DPM letter will come through shortly after.

Wish you the best of luck!

OP
Leira23
Apr 4, 2013
San Antonio TX
www.youtube.com
Status
Pre-Podiatry
Hello,

If your application is complete, then I encourage you to submit as soon as possible. I have submitted mine on 9/12 to 6 schools while waiting for a DPM to write my letter. I already had my faculty letters ready, but I received interview invites to all 6 schools prior to sending the LORs via interfolio.

In regards to acceptance, I am not sure. I have my first interview at Western 10/9, so hopefully the DPM letter will come through shortly after.

Wish you the best of luck!
Do you know how long it took from the day you submitted to the first interview offer? And okay I'm planning to submit and pay tomorrow then, thanks for the info! :)

Asksport

2+ Year Member
May 27, 2014
Do you know how long it took from the day you submitted to the first interview offer? And okay I'm planning to submit and pay tomorrow then, thanks for the info! :)
~ 1 week. Keep in mind you should submit ASAP to get your grades verified (took ~5 days for me) and then sent to schools of interest.

Biomechanix

5+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2014
California
Status
Dental Student
It took about 10 days for my first II from Temple. Grade verification took less than a week. I agree with Asksport in regards to grade verification. Any discrepancies between transcripts and your input of grades could potentially delay your verification. So far, everything has been smooth and hopefully the interviews will be too (*crosses fingers*). I hope your application experience will run smoothly as well!

OP
Leira23
Apr 4, 2013
San Antonio TX
www.youtube.com
Status
Pre-Podiatry
Officially submitted! :claps: lol but now it shows that my transcripts haven't been received yet :( do ya'll remember how long about it took from when your transcripts were sent to when they showed up on your app? I sent both transcripts of mine last week and just want to known when I should start getting worried or not

Reactions: Biomechanix

Biomechanix

5+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2014
California
Status
Dental Student
Officially submitted! :claps: lol but now it shows that my transcripts haven't been received yet :( do ya'll remember how long about it took from when your transcripts were sent to when they showed up on your app? I sent both transcripts of mine last week and just want to known when I should start getting worried or not
I can't remember exactly, but I believe it took up to two weeks from the time my undergrad sent out the transcript to AACPMAS actually notifying me that they received it. Just wait another week and things should start rolling. If you are uncertain, just give them a call. I called them asking about various details and they were very patient and informative.

Jul 16, 2014
Status
Pre-Podiatry
I was accepted last week and still dont have my pod letter of rec in, they told me that they need it but whenever i can get it in.

Reactions: Leira23
OP
Leira23
Apr 4, 2013
San Antonio TX
www.youtube.com
Status
Pre-Podiatry
I can't remember exactly, but I believe it took up to two weeks from the time my undergrad sent out the transcript to AACPMAS actually notifying me that they received it. Just wait another week and things should start rolling. If you are uncertain, just give them a call. I called them asking about various details and they were very patient and informative.
Thanks! Yeah one of them was received today (exactly 2 weeks after it mailed out) so I'm thinking the 2nd one should be received by this Friday I just have to stay patient lol