Podcasts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Funke

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What podcasts do you guys listen to? Anything from educational to entertaining.

Members don't see this ad.

Monday Morning Podcast by Bill Burr

Med School HQ by Drs. Grey

Reactions: 1 users
Questioning Medicine, Cognitive Dissonance, The Scathing Atheist, The Thinking Atheist, Dogma Debate, NPR Hourly Newscast, This American Life, Radiolab, TED Radio Hour and NPR Hourly Newscast.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Radiolab, This American Life, Planet Money, Reply All, Start Up, Ted Radio Hour, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, Cartalk, Ask me Another and NPR app for the news.

This seems like a standard list... Everything stemming from NPR and This American Life

I have tried finding anything good related to medicine but have not come across much.

ABGT every week!

Joe Rogan Experience, Radiolab, Sword and Scale Podcast, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast, WTF with Marc Maron, Wait Wait Don't Tell me, Planet Money, Freakonomics

...I like podcasts! I have to commute a lot + I'll listen to them when doing work that doesn't require me to be too actively engaged

The Dinner Party Download
WTF! Podcast
The Minimalist

...I wanna love Radiolab but can't get into it. The editing and sound effects always distract me.

Joe Rogan Experience, Radiolab, Sword and Scale Podcast, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast, WTF with Marc Maron, Wait Wait Don't Tell me, Planet Money, Freakonomics

...I like podcasts! I have to commute a lot + I'll listen to them when doing work that doesn't require me to be too actively engaged

I love Marc Maron. Have you seen his show? I've been wondering if it's any good.

My podcast tastes are quite diverse: 99% Invisible, Freakonomics, Dan Carlin's Hardcore History, Career Tools, Manager Tools, Serial, Stuff You Missed in History Class, White Coat Black Art, Stuff You Should Know.

I will definitely be adding some of the ones on this list.

I love Marc Maron. Have you seen his show? I've been wondering if it's any good.
It's pretty fun.

The grantland NFL podcast is pretty great, as is the BS report.

I'm new to the podcast world, but...
Dragon Tongues (paleontology)
GPS with Fareed Zakaria (global news and politics)
Serial

I highly recommend Inquiring minds. It features a science in the news section, and then an interview with a interesting person. I also like ted radio hour

Storycorps
The Moth
Radio Ambulante (en español; I listen in part to try to practice my crappy Spanish)

Storycorps
The Moth
Radio Ambulante (en español; I listen in part to try to practice my crappy Spanish)
Radio Ambulante is great! It's interesting hearing the different accents around Latin America (I cannot understand Chileans at all).

The Dinner Party Download
WTF! Podcast
The Minimalist

...I wanna love Radiolab but can't get into it. The editing and sound effects always distract me.
Sometimes radio lab is like an ASRM track. Kind of annoying when everyone is sort of whispering in your ear.

All the politcal-esqe ones are very entertaining this time of year

Serial (shouldn't the next season be coming soon?)
Also several different podcasts about TV shows I watch
Dear Sugar

I've been listening to EM Basic. I'm currently applying to medical school and working as a medical scribe in the emergency department. It goes a little over my head at times, but I've found that it reinforces vocabulary, builds recognition, and helps me better understand the cases I see every day i.e. chest pain, hypertension, SOB, etc.