Podcasts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WeeBay

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anything in the IM world similar to EMRAP for the EM peeps? As in- regularly updated, in depth, broad range of topics, case review/journal review/editorial?
all the IM podcasts that I am aware of usually put me to sleep because they are just lecture after lecture after lecture. There must be a well done EMRAP counterpart for IM right?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Primary Care RAP (same people as EMRAP) (only one on this list that isn't free)
IMReasoning - IMReasoning Podcast Episodes
The Curbsiders
Louisville Lectures (video podcasts)
AFP: American Family Physician Podcast
Persiflagers Infectious Disease Puscast
Hospital and Internal Medicine Podcast
JAMA Clinical Reviews Podcast
Anesthesia and Critical Care Reviews (good for critical care)
Emcrit (good for critical care)
UtoDate Talk
Onthewards: Onthepods

Reactions: 3 users
The Curbsiders is awesome. thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
ICU Rounds is starting to get a bit dated, but still good.

The Curbsiders and Louisville Lectures are on my iPhone. I'm also one of the lecture schedules at my residency and I'll use a Louisville Lecture once or twice a month if I can't get enough lecturers (we are supposed to have a lunch lecture every day).

I'm a big fan of podcasts (have some non-medicine ones and tech-related podcasts I regularly listen to) though had not come across Curbsiders or Louisville Lectures yet. Good suggestions!

I'm still a fan of some of the more ER/critical care focused ones as a lot of the topics are also very applicable to an internist taking care of inpatients. Save for EMCRIT that was already mentioned and several Cardiology/EP/imaging focused ones, I still like ERCAST. At this point I only listen to specific ones in my field but even for general medicine a lot the topics I think are relevant.

Gonna revive this thread to plug for the CoreIM Podcast. It's seriously great, and really one of the very few Internal Medicine (and not EM) based podcasts out there honestly.

YES highly recommend Core IM podcast! Quick high-yield info that is relevant to clinical medicine! Don't feel as intimidated now when someone is complaining of persistent migraines or an altered patient comes in

Agree with all the above. I also like the evidence based medicine podcast by Aranov. Deep dives into the literature, very well put together.

I know this is kind of niche, but in rheumatology I recommend the rheumnow podcast by jack Cush.

I also just started my own podcast, also targeted at rheumatology but it could be beneficial for anyone in IM. The Evidence Based Rheumatology Podcast by Michael Putman on Apple Podcasts