Podiatric Physicians Taking a Greater Role in Primary Care

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

craptivator

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
With the changes coming in US health care, podiatric physicians must take a pro active position in primary care and move toward expanding into areas by adding more comprehensive care to patients identifying disease and broadening the practice to include evaluating the many new patients that will be insured under the ACA. If Podiatric Physicians do not PA, NP DNP DPT professions will. I do not believe big earning will be from procedure it will be from preventive medicine and Podiatric physicians should gear training to that.

Members don't see this ad.

With the changes coming in US health care, podiatric physicians must take a pro active position in primary care and move toward expanding into areas by adding more comprehensive care to patients identifying disease and broadening the practice to include evaluating the many new patients that will be insured under the ACA. If Podiatric Physicians do not PA, NP DNP DPT professions will. I do not believe big earning will be from procedure it will be from preventive medicine and Podiatric physicians should gear training to that.

Flu shots, right?

I have never been trolled this way before. I kinda like it though. It's like..reverse-trolling.

Members don't see this ad :)
He's actually had a few good posts lately. I know everyone jumps the gun and screams "troll" when he posts, but most of his recent stuff hasn't been bad at all. Nothing even close to ban-worthy. Stirring up stuff in the Allo forum? Eh. A month ago I'd have reported it and written something. Not worth it. We weren't going to win people's hearts on this forum. There are people on the Allo forum who think DOs are less than dirt. Without really committing to this discussion (cause we all know what it is) - there are 3-year MD programs that focus on primary care. I'm curious how they structure it.

Are fresh ideas, observation and question simply dispersed with by referring to them as trolls?

There are changes on the horizon, I am pointing out ways to embrace possibilities new ways of viewing a changing paradigm. No harm, just some things to consider.

Most of the threads here are about career moves, jobs training and little if any pertaining to where the profession is heading, and as decreasing reimbursements continue, what, or how Podiatric physicians will be compensated. Will diabetes be the profession's centerpiece? Will there really be as many orthopedic groups hiring? These seem like reasonable things to consider. Calling this trolling instead of suggestions is not productive.

There is almost no academic, study site reference at all. How can you count money you have not earned?

He's actually had a few good posts lately. I know everyone jumps the gun and screams "troll" when he posts, but most of his recent stuff hasn't been bad at all. Nothing even close to ban-worthy. Stirring up stuff in the Allo forum? Eh. A month ago I'd have reported it and written something. Not worth it. We weren't going to win people's hearts on this forum. There are people on the Allo forum who think DOs are less than dirt. Without really committing to this discussion (cause we all know what it is) - there are 3-year MD programs that focus on primary care. I'm curious how they structure it.

Only a tiny fraction of med student or attendings are on SDN, hence the SDN statistics and discussions are always skewed. I mean, in real world all these topics won't even matter that much.

Are fresh ideas, observation and question simply dispersed with by referring to them as trolls?

There are changes on the horizon, I am pointing out ways to embrace possibilities new ways of viewing a changing paradigm. No harm, just some things to consider.

Most of the threads here are about career moves, jobs training and little if any pertaining to where the profession is heading, and as decreasing reimbursements continue, what, or how Podiatric physicians will be compensated. Will diabetes be the profession's centerpiece? Will there really be as many orthopedic groups hiring? These seem like reasonable things to consider. Calling this trolling instead of suggestions is not productive.

There is almost no academic, study site reference at all. How can you count money you have not earned?

so basically DPM/DO degrees.

http://medicine.nova.edu/dodpm/index.html

Nova has one where you can get a DO after DPM.

so basically DPM/DO degrees.

http://medicine.nova.edu/dodpm/index.html

Nova has one where you can get a DO after DPM.

The problem is that he already failed out of a podiatry school, so that pathway is not an option for him. He seems to be in a rather bitter disposition, knowing that he is a failure while podiatry's latest and brightest will continue on doing tons of surgery and making a great living.