Podiatrist Day to Day Life and Pay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted925364

Hey guys so I have been following this forum for quite some time now and wanted to get some input from those in the field. I did use the search button and the data is either relatively older, or the conversation begins to go sideways and does not have the answers that I and many other pre pod students are looking for.

So I'm here to start a new forum for those IN THE FIELD.

Residents how much are you guys making and how many hours are you working? How is the workload? Was it hard to find residency after the shortage was corrected?

Those just coming out of residency was it hard to find a job? What is the initial pay for someone coming out of residency and what is your schedules like as well as work load?

Those who have been working for quite sometime do you like your job? Do you feel like you are compensated enough? Is this market saturated or is there a future for it?

What type of specialty are you and what are some types offered? Do orthopedics have a chance of making this job impossible for future DPMS?

And where are you guys all working from as far state wise?

Please feel free to chime in and discuss more that I potentially have not asked, and please we are lucky enough to have LICENSED DPM here so please I know I, as well as many pre pod students would love to hear all these answers. I appreciate you guys going out of your way to read this and answer this to help further direct us in making a decision.

Have a great day everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
lol

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Have a great day everyone!
You're asking a lot of questions that have been answered before. Check out the stickies in all 3 pod forums, there is some good info there.

It's also tough to answer all of the questions you answered in any sort of succinct way. If you have 1 or 2 specific questions you may have better luck getting responses.

Reactions: 1 user