Podiatry is at 10th place in TOP 25 highest paying Jobs in USA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cool_vkb

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since some of us have questions about Podiatrist Salaries. here's the link for Forbes Top 25 highest paying jobs in USA. podiatrists are included in it with an average income of 117,000 nationwide.

http://www.forbes.com/2007/06/04/jo..._pm_0604bestjobs_slide_16.html?thisSpeed=3000

The other suprising this is, it says that the highest paying state is Oregon with average salary of $174,000. I was expecting Georgia or Florida as they have more scope of practice (i.e more procedures and more billing).

Members don't see this ad.

Since some of us have questions about Podiatrist Salaries. here's the link for Forbes Top 25 highest paying jobs in USA. podiatrists are included in it with an average income of 117,000 nationwide.

http://www.forbes.com/2007/06/04/jo..._pm_0604bestjobs_slide_16.html?thisSpeed=3000

The other suprising this is, it says that the highest paying state is Oregon with average salary of $174,000. I was expecting Georgia or Florida as they have more scope of practice (i.e more procedures and more billing).

How cool is that!

I just took a look at the site. It says there are only abiut 9,000 pods. I thought there were closer to 16,000 practicing pods. Also the number of lawyers seemed low for the entire country.

And, just some reasoning for people making lots of money in oregon. The minimum wage is high there and the cost of goods is also high compared to other places in the US so one must make more to have sometimes the same lifestyle as elsewhere. And the population is low and I think there is good health insurance so docs make bank.

And the site said there were only 4,000 dentists. I definitely thought there were more dentists than pods.

Members don't see this ad :)
And the site said there were only 4,000 dentists. I definitely thought there were more dentists than pods.

hey! regarding dentists, the site classified dentists again into their advanced specialities like maxiofacial, oral, orthodontists, general dentists, prosthodontists,etc. Because Oral surgeons makes tons of money more than a regular dentist and an orthodontists again makes salary differnet than other dental specialities. So they all cant be generalized into one. Thats why they again spilt up Dentists into many specialities.

So thats why the number in just Dentist category shows up low. But if you add all the number of people in each dental speciality plus the regular dentists it will definetly be higher.

Notice this blurb:

"The survey covers full- and part-time workers who are paid a wage or salary. It does not include the self-employed, owners and partners in unincorporated firms, household workers and unpaid family workers. It asks about basic pay, incentive bonuses and commissions, but not overtime pay or non-wage compensation, such as stock options.

That helps explain why mean annual wages appear lower than one might have expected at the top end and higher at the bottom, where undocumented workers are unlikely to be counted accurately."

So even though the figures are high, for practice owners they are typically higher!

So even though the figures are high, for practice owners they are typically higher!

Now thats more good news. Its so awesome to have people who are in practice, residency, senior year all at one community. God bless SDN and all good guys of SDN who make this community the ultimate place for all info. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Now thats more good news. Its so awesome to have people who are in practice, residency, senior year all at one community. God bless SDN and all good guys of SDN who make this community the ultimate place for all info. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I agree 110%! SDN is a great resource for pre-pod like us!!! :thumbup: I really appreciate it alot...;)