Podiatry residency for non-Canadian international students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Is it hard getting a podiatry residency as an international student?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

xoxo111

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m an international student going to pursue podiatry school in USA. I know some residency programs do not accept international students or sponsor H1 visas. My question is to those people who were in my shoes, but are now podiatry residents in USA: how hard was it finding a podiatry residency? What are some things you did that made you better, that the program picked you instead of a citizen/green card holder? I looked up the residency list, but there wasn’t much info on, whether or not, they accept internationals. Any advice would be appreciated as I want to start planning NOW about this.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I’m an international student going to pursue podiatry school in USA. I know some residency programs do not accept international students or sponsor H1 visas. My question is to those people who were in my shoes, but are now podiatry residents in USA: how hard was it finding a podiatry residency? What are some things you did that made you better, that the program picked you instead of a citizen/green card holder? I looked up the residency list, but there wasn’t much info on, whether or not, they accept internationals. Any advice would be appreciated as I want to start planning NOW about this.

Start contacting programs your interested in NOW and get the information straight from the residency director. Compile a list of programs