DO Podiatry student applying to DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vioxxed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Finishing my first year of podiatry school. 4.0 GPA during podiatry school, taking many of the same courses as MD students.

Undergraduate GPA
3.1-3.2 (I can't recall the exact number) for both cGPA and sGPA.
Mcat 495 (redoing it, I studied less than a week for it last time)
Work experience in pharmaceutical industry, research and medical consulting.
Several research projects.

Do I have a shot at getting into DO schools? I'm aiming for a 505+ on the MCAT, what score would give me a good shot at getting in somewhere.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If your MCAT score is over 500 you would have a chance for some DO schools. When are you planning to apply and when are you taking the MCAT?

MCAT is September. It'll probably be to late I'm guessing, I don't mind waiting another year so I can get in early next year.

Members don't see this ad :)
If your MCAT score is over 500 you would have a chance for some DO schools. When are you planning to apply and when are you taking the MCAT?

MCAT is September. It'll probably be to late I'm guessing, I don't mind waiting another year so I can get in early next year.

I'm just an applicant, but I think you have a shot if you get that MCAT up. Does your podiatry school have a DO program? They may be impressed with your 4.0. Good luck.

Unfortunately they do not but our courses are the same for first year, I don't think they would transfer over but regardless getting a 4.0 is challenging and placed me at the top of the class. Around what MCAT do you think would give me a good shot?

Unfortunately they do not but our courses are the same for first year, I don't think they would transfer over but regardless getting a 4.0 is challenging and placed me at the top of the class. Around what MCAT do you think would give me a good shot?

501-502 and above would give you a shot. I think the real situation you need to address with your application is why you decided to (and committed to) a podiatry program and what has made you change your mind.

Podiatry would go into your Science GPA btw when you do apply