Podiatry Student to be Profiled on SDN front page

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

All4MyDaughter

SDN Mommystrator
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This fall we will profile a student from a podiatric medical school on the SDN front page. This is a great opportunity to ask whatever you want from someone who is/has been where you want to go.

What would you like to see in this profile?
How do you want your chosen profession represented?

Post your feedback and questions here.

Members don't see this ad.

it should be me. any other choices would be poor ones.

Members don't see this ad :)
Of course, I think that the student should be asked why DPM instead of MD/DO? Other questions could be: Did they apply to MD and DO schools? What are the differences in cirriculum? What do they see as the future of podiatry? What do they see in there future? What are the strengths and weaknesses of going into a DPM program?If they applied/interviewed at an MD or Do program who was it different or the same?

Just a few thoughts on the subject. Thanks for getting the profession out onto the front page. I think that SDN has help podiatry answer some of the misconceptions that there are in the medical community. I also think that it has helped increase interest in some pre-med students.

Thanks for getting the profession out onto the front page. I think that SDN has help podiatry answer some of the misconceptions that there are in the medical community. I also think that it has helped increase interest in some pre-med students.

I agree. I was talking with a faculty member of one of the schools and he was commenting on the fact that, as the podiatry forums have grown on SDN, students that interview at the schools are asking much more intellegent and up-to-date questions.

You guys are so welcome. These pod forums have really taken off due in large part to your fantastic efforts.

We'll have another DPM profile on the front page on Oct 13.

The American Podiatric Medical Students' Association is going to have a dedicated forum for student use in our new "affiliated student organizations" area which should be going live within the next month.

I'm sending a request to APMA for an article on the history of the podiatric profession (as suggested by Feelgood in the articles forum).

I'll most likely be attending the APMSA annual meeting in Des Moines in January. I'd love to meet any and all of you there!

I'm always open to suggestions.

You guys are so welcome. These pod forums have really taken off due in large part to your fantastic efforts.

We'll have another DPM profile on the front page on Oct 13.

The American Podiatric Medical Students' Association is going to have a dedicated forum for student use in our new "affiliated student organizations" area which should be going live within the next month.

I'm sending a request to APMA for an article on the history of the podiatric profession (as suggested by Feelgood in the articles forum).

I'll most likely be attending the APMSA annual meeting in Des Moines in January. I'd love to meet any and all of you there!

I'm always open to suggestions.

I will be in around in Janurary. It would be great to get together, please PM when the time is closer.

you could ask me about my hobbies.

you could ask me about my hobbies.

Hey....what are your hobbies??

I see you are living up in Waukeg., did you recently move. I just moved up to Gurnee.

Ask for the one written by John D. Waddell, D.P.M.
Diplomate, American Board of Podiatric Surgery
Board Certified in Foot and Ankle Surgery
Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
Board Certified, American Board of Quality Assurance [email protected]

He wrote a chapter on the "Current Role of Podiatry In America."

It can be found at this website:

http://www.case.edu/med/epidbio/mphp439/Podiatry.htm

Who I'd like to see interviewed:

Drfeelgood
Krabmas
Feli

These three posters besides jonwill, who fortunately, is no longer a student, are A+ and I consider them to be future leaders of the profession... I hope they feel like wise.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Who I would absolutely not like to see interviewed:

Whiskers

Lol

Questions I'd like to ask

What is the largest "comma-shaped" facet in the body and how the heck did it get there.

1. Now that you are a Podiatry student how has your perception of medicine changed?
2. What types of things should the schools do to improve the cohesiveness of their classes?
3. What role do you think that Podiatrists should take/advocate for in 21st century medical team approach to treating patients?
4. WHo are your Medical mentors and why. This hopefully wouldn't turn into a "I want a residency with Dr. X."
In general I'd like to see a lot of "WHY" questions.
5. How did your undergrad education prepare and not prepare you for pod school.
6. m y mom is calling, I have to eat dinner.

Questions I wouldn't want to see:

1. Why did you pick XXX school. I mean you can ask what things did you look for in a school, but lets not turn this into anther pod school commercial.
2. What do you do when you are not in school. Good grief, if someone was 100% honest, no one would leave the article the same. And I plead to all that is holy, sacred and profane that no one is doing it at pod school.
3. What is your favorite class. THis isn't a high school yearbook.

Drfeelgood
Krabmas
Feli

These three posters besides jonwill, who fortunately, is no longer a student, are A+ and I consider them to be future leaders of the profession... I hope they feel like wise.

Whiskers

Lol

Agreed, but only to the first half.

Drfeelgood
Krabmas
Feli

Whiskers

Lol

What is the largest "comma-shaped" facet in the body and how the heck did it get there.

1. Now that you are a Podiatry student how has your perception of medicine changed?
2. What types of things should the schools do to improve the cohesiveness of their classes?
3. What role do you think that Podiatrists should take/advocate for in 21st century medical team approach to treating patients?
4. WHo are your Medical mentors and why. This hopefully wouldn't turn into a "I want a residency with Dr. X."

1. Why did you pick XXX school. I mean you can ask what things did you look for in a school, but lets not turn this into anther pod school commercial.
2. What do you do when you are not in school. Good grief, if someone was 100% honest, no one would leave the article the same. And I plead to all that is holy, sacred and profane that no one is doing it at pod school.

Thanks for the vote!

I am also no longer a student though:D

bump... would love to see a current student (feli?) or attending (too many to list) interviewed. I would also love to see questions from everyone.

Drfeelgood
Krabmas
Feli

Whiskers

Lol

I'm glad that you want to see me interviewed but I am no longer a student either.