pointless yet interesting question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Newman8r

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wonder how well a 4th year med student would score on the mcat, as opposed to any pre med student. any opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

I imagine a 4th year would score very well on the bio section (because those passages are pretty easy when you have an idea of what they are talking about). I think a 4th year would also score well on verbal because of all the reading you do in med school. But, you don't have to do any real 'thinking' in med school (just application of stuff you have learned/memorized), so I think med students would score poorly in the physical sciences section.

I'm a fourth year and undoubtedly would BOMB it (esp. physical sciences, but don't remember any ochem and haven't read anything for quite a while now).....i'm still in disbelief i did well enough on that thing to get into med school...y'all would kick my butt hands down. I don't know any MS4s who currently have the attention span to sit for the MCAT anyway (i wouldn't do it again for lots of $$$)...waiting for the match. Good luck on the MCAT!