Pokemon Redux WW Sign-Ups

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OH FINE
My avvie is already appropriate, someone add me pls

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
1. muttmanager
2. Skimble
3. Capri
4. Grebes
5. paws
6. AM
7. Dubz
8. Trilt
9. nyanko
10. Mixy
11. Coffee?
12. SARdoghandler
13. Snowy
14. jhobo
15. gwen
16. Dolph - 4^2
17. Stagikarp
18. shelter
19. genny
22. Cray

Reactions: 1 users
Oh I definitely don't have time. Some things just have to happen.

Where is @Melchizedek
Well I suddenly find myself with a lot free time so I guess...
1. muttmanager
2. Skimble
3. Capri
4. Grebes
5. paws
6. AM
7. Dubz
8. Trilt
9. nyanko
10. Mixy
11. Coffee?
12. SARdoghandler
13. Snowy
14. jhobo
15. gwen
16. Dolph - 4^2
17. Stagikarp
18. shelter
19. genny
20. Mel
22. Cray

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
1. muttmanager
2. Skimble
3. Capri
4. Grebes
5. paws
6. AM
7. Dubz
8. Trilt
9. nyanko
10. Mixy
11. Coffee?
12. SARdoghandler
13. Snowy
14. jhobo
15. gwen
16. Dolph - 4^2
17. Stagikarp
18. shelter
19. genny
20. Mel
21. KB
22. Cray

Reactions: 1 user
yay! full disclosure I have the next week off but several of those days I'm going to be out of town with family so I'll do my best to be active!

1. muttmanager
2. Skimble
3. Capri
4. Grebes
5. paws
6. AM
7. Dubz
8. Trilt
9. nyanko
10. Mixy
11. Coffee?
12. SARdoghandler
13. Snowy
14. jhobo
15. gwen
16. Dolph - 4^2
17. Stagikarp
18. shelter
19. genny
20. Mel
21. KB
22. Cray
23. Allie

Oh, sure, if people can be added. Thanks for the tag! I have final projects but no final tests. I am with family until the end of the weekend, though.

1. muttmanager
2. Skimble
3. Capri
4. Grebes
5. paws
6. AM
7. Dubz
8. Trilt
9. nyanko
10. Mixy
11. Coffee?
12. SARdoghandler
13. Snowy
14. jhobo
15. gwen
16. Dolph - 4^2
17. Stagikarp
18. shelter
19. genny
20. Mel
21. KB
22. Cray
23. Allie
24. Glammyre

I just realized I'm going to experience a lot of PTSD this game.

At least STL isn't here to ruin all my fun :p
We can suffer together #poppikachu

1. muttmanager
2. Skimble
3. Capri
4. Grebes
5. paws
6. AM
7. Dubz
8. Trilt
9. nyanko
10. Mixy
11. Coffee?
12. SARdoghandler
13. Snowy
14. jhobo
15. gwen
16. Dolph - 4^2
17. Stagikarp
18. shelter
19. genny
20. Mel
21. KB
22. Cray
Oh, sure, if people can be added. Thanks for the tag! I have final projects but no final tests. I am with family until the end of the weekend, though.

1. muttmanager
2. Skimble
3. Capri
4. Grebes
5. paws
6. AM
7. Dubz
8. Trilt
9. nyanko
10. Mixy
11. Coffee?
12. SARdoghandler
13. Snowy
14. jhobo
15. gwen
16. Dolph - 4^2
17. Stagikarp
18. shelter
19. genny
20. Mel
21. KB
22. Cray
23. Allie
24. Glammyre

We can suffer together #poppikachu
@kaydubs

:biglove:

so how long do we think this game will last? approx? my math isn't this great this early in the morning

I set my alarm to wake up :laugh:

I'm confused when is the spped game starting?

why am I not in the that thread

so tired and lazy... this is what happens when I get up before 4

Also, when can I expect my power wolf card? Or do I only get junior membership to that club since this was a speed game?

Is it powerwolfing if the only wolf you're defending is yourself? :thinking:

Reactions: 2 users
or you use the dead bodies of your wolf teammates you've preemptively thrown under the bus to climb to a solo win?

or you use the dead bodies of your wolf teammates you've preemptively thrown under the bus to climb to a solo win?
Well that's definitely not powerwolfing

Wait

Have we had this conversation before?

Also, when can I expect my power wolf card? Or do I only get junior membership to that club since this was a speed game?
Speed games don't count, noob

One theory on powerwolfing
Mafia Universe - #9: The Art of Power Wolfing (by Thingyman)
  • Follow the six principles of power wolfing: 1) Remember that you are mafia, 2) stop bussing, 3) drive the agenda, 4) start strong, 5) be creative, and 6) never give up.
"When individual members of the mafia team do try to shake things up by making a �play�, i.e. try to make an active and independent contribution to the state of the game, this often consists of either needlessly bussing a fellow mafia member (sacrificing equity in the hopes that an easy temporary pass can be achieved by the individual busser) or overcommitting to getting a specific townie lynched all by their lonesome (calling a lot of unneeded attention to themselves and being hurt by lack of coordination).

Furthermore, these teams often depend on one or a few individuals from their team emerging into the role of "deep wolf", which is a popular denotation for a member of the mafia team that is �deep undercover�, i.e. has infiltrated the town core or at least gotten on the right side of the town core's reads. What this typically means is that the other members of the mafia team are often resigned to having to be lynched at some point, and because of this they either stop giving a full effort or they try to set up the "deep wolf" for the endgame.

This dependency and tendency to put all your eggs in one basket is suboptimal for many reasons. For example, it runs the risk of the "deep wolf" being somehow outed along the way through mechanics or simply through the fact that they are too clear too early for their own good or just because the town is being given extra time to work out a stronger POE that excludes the "deep wolf". Additionally, and even more importantly, it causes the mafia team to willingly give up their two strongest advantages: Their strength in numbers and the town lacking information.

We've been overusing the terms powerwolf & deep wolf.

A lot of games haven't had a villager circle of trust, and if you don't have that, it's pretty hard to claim you're a deep wolf, even if you are mostly being read as town. I mean, most wolves are reading as town until they flip, so "deep wolf" is a step beyond being a wolf passing for town, which is basically what the average wolf is doing.

"In a record-breaking sweep I was a part of (only sweep ever to occur in a 21-man vanilla game), the final day ended with a townie voting themselves. That is an example of the townie frustration caused by no bussing; That person had actually solved the game, but simply could not take the collective town failure anymore. For each day that goes by without a scum lynch, you will be surprised at the gifts you are given from such paranoia and frustration.

In another record-breaking sweep (30-man open role madness setup played on this site) one of the members of my team was the secondary wagon for every single day of the game, but as a team we just simply kept saving that person because we could. That is an example of strength in numbers.

In short, stop trying to bank on a "deep wolf" while considering the rest of the team as fodder; Use your numbers instead of freely surrendering them and then hoping for the best."

You're the only one who loves me anymore I guess

I still love you, just am simultaneously intimidated and afraid of all the dire consequences of killing you.

Reactions: 2 users