Political posts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

axm397

SDN Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I moved the political discussion thread to the sociopolitical forum. Please try to keep discussions on this forum about pain medicine and refrain from political discussions. I understand that politics and religion are very emotionally charged topics. Please try to remember to treat each other with the mutual respect and courtesy you would give your physician colleagues in face to face meetings and conferences. Just because this is an "anonymous" forum doesn't mean you can hide behind your usernames and forget all social decorum and etiquette. Let's keep this a professional and civil place to have discussions about pain medicine. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
awesome. what discussion did you move?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmm , wonder if axm397 is a Democrat???
He's doing what he has to do. What some don't realize is that our field is subject to massive political influence and factions. Otherwise medical politics wouldn't come up everyday. Look at drussos important posts daily... oh well, it was the best thread ever-TRUMP WON

He's doing what he has to do. What some don't realize is that our field is subject to massive political influence and factions. Otherwise medical politics wouldn't come up everyday. Look at drussos important posts daily... oh well, it was the best thread ever-TRUMP WON

i think he is actually a she.

drusso doesnt post "daily"

not the best thread ever

you just interjected political discourse when you were specifically told not to.

its hard to mess up that many times in 5 sentences, but you somehow managed it. well done.

Last edited:
See this is the problem... get rid of ssdoc and lonel and life is great again..

By the way I ever mess up, snowflake ...

yeah. you really have your finger on the pulse.....

Keep it up troll... you don't want to antagonize me bro

by the way nobody likes you and your posts are useless. Please provide your intellectual background, genius. Would love to know more about you stud.

Keep it up troll... you don't want to antagonize me bro

by the way nobody likes you and your posts are useless. Please provide your intellectual background, genius. Would love to know more about you stud.

clearly, there is nothing productive going on in this thread, so i will stop responding. continue the insults if it makes you feel better.

clearly, there is nothing productive going on in this thread, so i will stop responding. continue the insults if it makes you feel better.
Read the thread. You started the insults, just like every other thread. It's Self evident if you can read...

Do your bosses know you surf this much?? Do they have the same radical lefty view points? I wonder what people would say online if their superiors knew their tag name and amount of time online .... food for thought stud muffin.

would someone please direct me to where the original post is?

Members don't see this ad :)
How about the annoying use of "Troll",can we ban that? A particular person abuses it when others don't agree with his point and it has lost all meaning of it's original use

How about the annoying use of "Troll",can we ban that? A particular person abuses it when others don't agree with his point and it has lost all meaning of it's original use
Yes, let's allow you to decide the meaning of words... lmao

Only two "snowflakes" cause havoc. Can we use that word instead?

So what do you guys think about the whole immigration bill being passed? ;)

c'mon! Stim4me banned? Seriously? We're adults here, and can take the discourse, even if it wanders into politics, and yes, sometimes name calling. Aside from the political banter, he adds alot to the discussion of pain. cutting off nose to spite face?

I guess his posts were like Milo

c'mon! Stim4me banned? Seriously? We're adults here, and can take the discourse, even if it wanders into politics, and yes, sometimes name calling. Aside from the political banter, he adds alot to the discussion of pain. cutting off nose to spite face?

he did make some inciteful posts. i agree

but he had to be insulting. he couldnt help himself.

we always had to wade thru the garbage to get the info.

also, he had a shorter leash b/c he was a repeat offender.

do you think those posts contribute positively to the perception of Pain Medicine amongst our colleagues, or the internet browsing world at large?

It is one thing to have a healthy conversation and disagreement, but when in results in being called a troll, having your education bashed, your practice bashed and just plain insulting comments..... I think a ban is reasonable

I don't understand why we can't disagree on things without calling people names.

not to switch gears, but ask our president. he sets a rather pitiful example of how to deal with people and have a productive discussion. ad hominen attacks are useless. we are better than that

not to switch gears, but ask our president. he sets a rather pitiful example of how to deal with people and have a productive discussion. ad hominen attacks are useless. we are better than that

Agree that ad hominen attacks are pointless. That was my thought above. We should be able to disagree with each other without resorting to personal insults.

I don't agree with how Trump behaves with people. I didn't vote for him, mainly because I'm worried his lack of diplomacy will drag the US into another war.
However, so far he is keeping campaign promises in his first two weeks in office better than any other US president in history.

There are definite similarities in style. I didn't read TAOTD but doesn't Trump detail how he goes about dealing with a perceived adversary?

Agree that ad hominen attacks are pointless. That was my thought above. We should be able to disagree with each other without resorting to personal insults.

I don't agree with how Trump behaves with people. I didn't vote for him, mainly because I'm worried his lack of diplomacy will drag the US into another war.
However, so far he is keeping campaign promises in his first two weeks in office better than any other US president in history.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/29/...ia-of-donald-trumps-twitter-insults.html?_r=0

I miss him. We mostly disagreed. I'm sure ampa feels the same way. We are professionals and we should have thicker skins. Calling each other names is fun. I don't think he ever did things in a mean spirit. And I'm sure I was attacked several times.

I miss him. We mostly disagreed. I'm sure ampa feels the same way. We are professionals and we should have thicker skins. Calling each other names is fun. I don't think he ever did things in a mean spirit. And I'm sure I was attacked several times.
yes, but the way he interacted with you was much different than the way he interacted with others, most noticeably with those who did not have his conservative positions.

im sure you remember the thread where he lambasted one of us (was it lonelobo?), but when you agreed, the tone and the critical nature of his responses completely changed.

yes, but the way he interacted with you was much different than the way he interacted with others, most noticeably with those who did not have his conservative positions.

im sure you remember the thread where he lambasted one of us (was it lonelobo?), but when you agreed, the tone and the critical nature of his responses completely changed.

Please do not associate me with a voice of reason. I am forever a no one from nowhere and a rabble rouser. And the dumbest member of mensa.

OK I'll defend him. Couple of guys here now playing victim sure could dish it out as well. And it only took one day to spin this parallel to Trump.

Reactions: 1 user