Diogenes

Succat
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2002
California
Visit site
Status
Either they will take you or they won't. Don't put up a front trying to give them what you think they want. Be yourself and let the chips fall where they may. If you are thoughtful and have a reason for believing what you believe, and you can explain yourself when asked, you will be okay. Don't demonize people that disagree with you though, because then you are playing with fire.

lola

Bovine Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2002
california
Visit site
Status
i wouldn't think they would care as long as you are open minded and will respect others with different beliefs. if i were you i'd make sure to show them that you respect other people and get along with other types of people -- maybe volunteer in a low-income clinic or work somewhere with a diverse population. then i think it should be fine. there will always be people who don't like your conservative views, but there will also be a fair number of conservatives on adcoms i'd suspect.

About the Ads

Blitzkrieg

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2002
none
Status
Trajan,

considering that most of the medical profession is liberal, I would hold back from making it clear that you are a conservative..ESPECIALLY at stanford. They discriminate againsts conservatives heavily, and you dont want that stigma..

J

jot

being a conservative from middlebury will blow their mind. :laugh: if you can survive their with your political beliefs, i'm sure you'll do fine anywhere.

About the Ads