1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Politics and Admissions

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Trajan, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Trajan

Trajan Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

#1 Trajan, Aug 12, 2002
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Diogenes

Diogenes Succat
    7+ Year Member

Either they will take you or they won't. Don't put up a front trying to give them what you think they want. Be yourself and let the chips fall where they may. If you are thoughtful and have a reason for believing what you believe, and you can explain yourself when asked, you will be okay. Don't demonize people that disagree with you though, because then you are playing with fire.

4. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

i wouldn't think they would care as long as you are open minded and will respect others with different beliefs. if i were you i'd make sure to show them that you respect other people and get along with other types of people -- maybe volunteer in a low-income clinic or work somewhere with a diverse population. then i think it should be fine. there will always be people who don't like your conservative views, but there will also be a fair number of conservatives on adcoms i'd suspect.

5. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

Trajan,

considering that most of the medical profession is liberal, I would hold back from making it clear that you are a conservative..ESPECIALLY at stanford. They discriminate againsts conservatives heavily, and you dont want that stigma..

6. jot

jot

being a conservative from middlebury will blow their mind. :laugh: if you can survive their with your political beliefs, i'm sure you'll do fine anywhere.