Having said that current health care bill will become law, is is affect you?

• Already in medical school and going to continue

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Already in medical school and thinking to change medical career

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Planning to attend 2014 class and continue with my medical school goal

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Planning to attend 2014 class but going to change mind

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Panning to attend medical school in future and continue with my medical school goal

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • Planning to atteng medical school in future but going to change my mind

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

d1ony5u5

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2009
somewhere
Status
Medical Student
The right to healthcare is a human right!

The passage of the bill encourages me even more to pursue this profession.

Jun 1, 2009
Status
Medical Student
i lied on this poll.

Jul 22, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
The right to healthcare is a human right!

The passage of the bill encourages me even more to pursue this profession.
I want every human to have health care, but it is not a right. Just like food is not a right, you can't guarantee someone something that is a limited resource. You as a human can only be entitled your thoughts/beliefs and those things you've worked for.

d1ony5u5

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2009
somewhere
Status
Medical Student
I want every human to have health care, but it is not a right. Just like food is not a right, you can't guarantee someone something that is a limited resource. You as a human can only be entitled your thoughts/beliefs and those things you've worked for.
Your definition does not fit mine, and I will not let you impose your views on me.

I know it is simply impossible to actually give healthcare to everyone, but everyone should be entitled to the possibility of access to it, in principle. Promoting and ensuring the existence of a system that outright closes the option for many is against human rights, in my opinion.

vinniekan

Goldmember
10+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2007
MA
Status
Fellow [Any Field]

GoSpursGo

Allons-y!
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2008
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
To avoid crowding the Pre-Medical Allopathic forum with many threads on the exact same topic, all healthcare reform threads have been merged into one thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=711803. Additional threads will be closed. Remember that the forum is dedicated to applying to medical school. Yes, the reform is relevant, but we cannot have them taking over the entire forum. If you would like to create your own thread, please do so in the Sociopolitical Issues forum: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=12. Thanks for your understanding!

-The SDN Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.