Poll: hardest section of MCAT for you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

unsung

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been reviewing o-chem & physics, since I'm currently taking those courses. So it's been alright. I'm NOT looking forward to reviewing bio, especially the pathway stuff with Krebs cycle, etc. etc. It feels like I always forget those things like the week after I bothered memorizing them. They just don't stick for some reason. I'm nervous about verbal too, but that's another story.

So, what's your dreaded section?

Members don't see this ad.

My guess is verbal will win, but I voted for Writing even though it doesnt really count for much.

Number 2 would be BS then PS

I've been reviewing o-chem & physics, since I'm currently taking those courses. So it's been alright. I'm NOT looking forward to reviewing bio, especially the pathway stuff with Krebs cycle, etc. etc. It feels like I always forget those things like the week after I bothered memorizing them. They just don't stick for some reason. I'm nervous about verbal too, but that's another story.

So, what's your dreaded section?

Verbal was my lowest = 7.

I just cannot fathom why I could have gotten a 7 in verbal. Well, at least 7 is a lucky number.:luck:

Verbal hahahahhaha nooooo keep it awayyyy its going to eat me alive:scared::scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
First practice test I ever took was a 14 verbal.

On the other hand, I'd be lucky to get a 6 for physical.

Bio was the worst for me, if only because the MCAT is a curved test written primarily by bio/life-sci majors. And I hadn't touched a biology book in twoish years!

I just don't know how to improve verbal. My 2 science sections I studied them and improved. Verbal I studied, practiced, and got stuck with the same score as my diag.

Yeah, I think verbal, while it can be improved, Is much more innate. Although, biology felt alot like Verbal on the real deal.

never took a practice test. but am guessing that PS would be tough and then Verbal. Bio and Chem shouldnt be a problem for me.

PS was the most annoying/hardest to study for...ironically, that's the section where I had the highest score (not counting WS).:confused: On the actual MCAT, the BS was brutal.

My PS was the worst (although it wound up being my best section). Freaked me out and shook my confidence for most of the exam.

From my first practice test to the final mcat I got the same verbal score, whereas my ps and bs increased 5ish points. Ditto on the "verbal is innate" comment above.