Quantcast

Poll: How much money did you spend during your app process?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PolarBear21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hi, just out of curiosity and to help me prepare for the damage applications will have on my wallet, I was wondering for anyone who has applied in the past..

How many schools did you apply to and how much money do you think you spent (approx) on the entire application process (PCATs, Pharmcas, Supp apps, sending out AP scores, flying, etc..)

Baxter81

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
PolarBear21 said:
Hi, just out of curiosity and to help me prepare for the damage applications will have on my wallet, I was wondering for anyone who has applied in the past..

How many schools did you apply to and how much money do you think you spent (approx) on the entire application process (PCATs, Pharmcas, Supp apps, sending out AP scores, flying, etc..)

500 bucks or so, I just applied to schools in California, so it wasnt that bad. And USC offered me an interview and accepted me first. Plus I live Los Angeles area so I did not have to buy a plane ticket or hotel stay. I have friends that spent way more, like close to 3000$.

klebsiella

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Including interview travel, hotels, meals, and all of the fees for applying to schools (including pharmcas, transcripts and the like) I spent around $3000. I applied to and interviewed at several schools.

DHG

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I probably spent $1500-$2000, and I drove to all my interviews (4 of them). I just had to keep telling myself it was worth it.

doublehh03

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Baxter81 said:
500 bucks or so, I just applied to schools in California, so it wasnt that bad. And USC offered me an interview and accepted me first. Plus I live Los Angeles area so I did not have to buy a plane ticket or hotel stay. I have friends that spent way more, like close to 3000$.

baxter, what were ur stats and did u have lots of pharm experience?

a504n

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I spent a total of $35. I only applied to one school and got accepted. It was in my state, so I did not have to travel.

racy33

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My total came to about $1000 for 3 schools. Good luck!! :)