Poll: How much money did you spend during your app process?

PolarBear21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2006
Status
Pharmacy Student
Hi, just out of curiosity and to help me prepare for the damage applications will have on my wallet, I was wondering for anyone who has applied in the past..

How many schools did you apply to and how much money do you think you spent (approx) on the entire application process (PCATs, Pharmcas, Supp apps, sending out AP scores, flying, etc..)

Baxter81

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2005
Brea, Ca
Status
Pharmacy Student
PolarBear21 said:
Hi, just out of curiosity and to help me prepare for the damage applications will have on my wallet, I was wondering for anyone who has applied in the past..

How many schools did you apply to and how much money do you think you spent (approx) on the entire application process (PCATs, Pharmcas, Supp apps, sending out AP scores, flying, etc..)
500 bucks or so, I just applied to schools in California, so it wasnt that bad. And USC offered me an interview and accepted me first. Plus I live Los Angeles area so I did not have to buy a plane ticket or hotel stay. I have friends that spent way more, like close to 3000$.

klebsiella

10+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2006
Status
Including interview travel, hotels, meals, and all of the fees for applying to schools (including pharmcas, transcripts and the like) I spent around $3000. I applied to and interviewed at several schools.

About the Ads

doublehh03

10+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2005
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Baxter81 said:
500 bucks or so, I just applied to schools in California, so it wasnt that bad. And USC offered me an interview and accepted me first. Plus I live Los Angeles area so I did not have to buy a plane ticket or hotel stay. I have friends that spent way more, like close to 3000$.
baxter, what were ur stats and did u have lots of pharm experience?

a504n

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2006
Status
I spent a total of $35. I only applied to one school and got accepted. It was in my state, so I did not have to travel.

About the Ads