Poll: sending application before after receiving MCAT score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Platinum Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This poll is to everyone who applied/going to apply into med school. Are you going (or you already did) to send your application before or after getting your MCAT scores.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd wait a few extra weeks and see what your scores are like and then send the application in.

Might as well wait until after your scores come back. Getting a few extra weeks head start isn't going to make that big of a differnce.

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by Future_Doc:
•Might as well wait until after your scores come back. Getting a few extra weeks head start isn't going to make that big of a differnce.•••••you'd be surprised...

Definitely send it in now. The earlier the better, believe me. That was my mistake the first time. Send it in because it takes them forever to process it.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Blazed:
•Definitely send it in now. The earlier the better, believe me. That was my mistake the first time. Send it in because it takes them forever to process it.•••••Send it in early!!

Did you take practice tests? Did you do okay on those?? Then your scores will probably be OK too. It is better to have your app. on the way, a few weeks really can make a difference with rolling admissions.

You can always add schools later. Send it in early, with your middle-of the road school choices, and then you can add additional schools later based on your MCAT scores. I f you submit early, they can start processing your app without a complete list of schools. Processing basically means checking your classes against your transcripts, so it doesn't matter if you don't yet know what a realistic range of schools is for you. JUST SUBMIT THE DAMN THING ASAP!!!! Or you could be really sorry you didn't. :D

I sent mine in WAAAAAAY before I got my scores, but that's because I took the August MCAT, so had no choice. Well I guess I did have a choice, but it would have been a really poor choice to wait that long before submitting!! :wink: :D

Yup send it in early, there are some folks at my school that waited for MCAT scores and now regret it. If you are a stellar applicant it probably will not hurt to wait, but why take the chance? You can always add more schools later if you kicked booty in the MCAT.