Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Poll: UNC vs University of Michigan vs UCSF?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by dreamer122, Dec 4, 2018.

?

which school would you choose If you are accepted into these schools

1. UNC

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. UCSF

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. University of Michigan

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. UIC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. UCSD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dreamer122

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hi all,

I have been fortunate to have been accepted into UNC and University of Michigan. Both schools are out of state so tuition is both 40k/year for me. Both are very well known for pharmacy. If you were me, which school would you pick and why?

#1 dreamer122, Dec 4, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  2. BC_89

Moderator Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Tuition not your concern?

University of Michigan:

Tuition and Fees | UM College of Pharmacy

UNC:

Pharm.D. Tuition and Fees - UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy

Still need to consider Cost of Living as well. Thus if you had to pick, this fact still remains: Go to the cheapest school. Student loans with compounded interest over time on six figure debt will drain you if you are not careful choosing.

For this field, here’s yet another reason to choose cheaper cost: what do you call a pharmacy student who graduated top of the class from a top school vs a pharmacy student who graduated bottom of the class at the lowest ranking school?

A pharmacist.

Have a contingency plan when choosing this career. Saturation is real...Best of luck

3. DOOM N GLOOM

You forgot the “none of the above” option for those who want to vote “don’t go to pharmacy school, the profession is a scam”

4. Tommy1234

5+ Year Member

You forgot the option "cheapest school to go". Pick which ever school is cheap. At the end of day, you will be a pharmacist no matter what school you attend as long you pass NAPLEX and MPJE. This is not med school or dental school where school matters. If you plan to apply for pharmacy residency, it still won't matter what pharmacy school you choose. It's all about high GPA, activities, and leadership. So, pick cheapest school and go.

5. Tommy1234

5+ Year Member

Agree, they all expensive af. When I saw those schools, all I saw is $$$$$. Yikes