Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

PONCE in Puerto Rico or SGU/ROSS

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by nobadwords, Mar 18, 2002.

1. which of these is better to go to in order to get a competitve residency in America. I believe PONCE is still considered an American school would this be true?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rajneel1

rajneel1 Senior Member

neither. none of these will get you a competitive residency in America. not even if you have good grades and high STEP scores. PM me if you want to know more.

4. gower

gower 1K Member

Ponce is an AMCAS US medical school, St. George's is not.
    About 75% of the entering class are Puerto Rican. A working knoowledge of Spanish is very helpful; otherwise, at least 6 credits of college Spanish is required.

I cannot answer the question about quality of residency

5. imtiaz

imtiaz i cant translate stupid
    Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    gower is right, as usual. :) if given the choice i would say go to Ponce. it is an american medical school, ie. you would not be considered an IMG(international medical graduate). but if you go to SGU/Ross then you would be considered an IMG. hope this helps you out.

6. dknykid1980

dknykid1980 Senior Member

hey all..

yah thats what it would seem to me that if you go to PONCE ur not considered a IMG. so would that mean better residency?