Ponce school of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

opel

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody,
This is my first time here, I have just been accepted into ponce school of medicine in Puerto rico (it is LCME accredited) and I was wondering if you guys think I will be able to get into an average residency program or higher?
Please any comments would be very much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

We had a wonderful girl from Ponce who spent 2 months doing surgery with us this past year. She ended up matching @ Univ. of South Florida for surgery which I believe was her 1st or 2nd choice.

I, like many, am interested in applying to Florida residencies next year, and I think if you look around, you'll see that Ponce does well in residencies, especially in Florida. I believe Jackson Hospital at the University of Miami even has a mission to educate physicians from latin speaking areas.

University of South Florida, as droliver says, also accepts some from Ponce. And if my memory serves, diagnostic radiology has some residents. Not too shabby.

In fact, she had a real good chance of matching here if she had ranked us first (I think she ranked us #2 ultimately) due to the fact that she came here, worked her ass off, charmed everyone, and met all right people and scored great letters from two nationally prominent faculty we have. I was really proud that she got her favorite spot & hope she does well. Best of luck Melissa!