Poor planning for Boards-best course of action?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phoenx

living the dream
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reviewed 2016 and 2017 ITEs.

Doing ABFM questions and NEJM as well. If you had <1 week and had questions left on both NEJM qbank and ABFM app, which would you focus on? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Reviewed 2016 and 2017 ITEs.

Doing ABFM questions and NEJM as well. If you had <1 week and had questions left on both NEJM qbank and ABFM app, which would you focus on? Thanks.

Wait, why NEJM? I've never heard anyone doing that? Are they geared towards ABFM style questions or more ABIM? I would think the latter.

You basically need to do the questions, I would review the USPSTF stuff at the very least.

The boards are easier for ya'll...

The

The high percentage categories——Cards, Pulm, MSK

I heard Endo and psych was also asked heavily.
Thank you
Wait, why NEJM? I've never heard anyone doing that? Are they geared towards ABFM style questions or more ABIM? I would think the latter.

You basically need to do the questions, I would review the USPSTF stuff at the very least.

The boards are easier for ya'll...
Just trying to do as many questions as possible. Their qbank offers module type questions in the same modules (at least in title) as the test. Has no one else used it? I'd be all for just narrowing it to the ABFM app if that's what most people use.

Any good concise resource for USPTF ?
Thank you

Just trying to do as many questions as possible. Their qbank offers module type questions in the same modules (at least in title) as the test. Has no one else used it? I'd be all for just narrowing it to the ABFM app if that's what most people use.
ideas

The

The high percentage categories——Cards, Pulm, MSK
I will be taking boards after 10 years and with working full time Any suggestions what study material should I be using??, and how many weeks of studying for board prep? Any good question sources online???

Congrats!
I m planning to take in November. Any suggestions what are good questions to practice? and how many weeks of studying??
I reviewed the last couple of years of ITEs, did ABFM questions and used NEJM modules. And when I got panicky, posted to SDN for suggestions from others.

I don't feel strongly enough about NEJM to recommend someone purchase it. Others may feel differently.

Question for the OP and anyone who wouldn’t mind answering .. as I’m currently trying to study for the AbFM boards... did you mainly just do questions on the AbFM app and prior in training exams? Or did you supplement with a board review book, reading the AFP journals, doing the SAM modules (I heard those can help), or anything else? Thank you so much!

I reviewed the last couple of years of ITEs, did ABFM questions and used NEJM modules. And when I got panicky, posted to SDN for suggestions from others.

I don't feel strongly enough about NEJM to recommend someone purchase it. Others may feel differently.