Poor Step 2 CK performance. How big of an issue is this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ladysmanfelpz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Step 1 226. Just got step 2 back and did worse than I thought. 222. Pretty upset with myself. I have been thinking Psych the most of med school, but also EM. I know I’m not the most competitive for EM, but just wanted to know if I screwed myself in anyway for Psych.

Background is I was very stressed prior to the test. Got a 240 on UWSA2, but test was moved back and then about 2 weeks out multiple family members in WA tested positive for Covid and my sister who was pregnant at the time was exposed as well. So Anxiety was at a high and focus was at a low. Didn’t want to not take the exam with everything going on the country in case there was another lockdown and so just went for it. Felt pretty good about it, but guess not so. So any big repercussions from this? Or just take it and leave it? I really wish there was a way to retake NBME exams.

PS. Back in WA now and feeling a lot better. Beat myself up for a few days after the score release, but am around family who is all healthy including healthy baby and feeling a lot better.

Members don't see this ad.

Step 1 226. Just got step 2 back and did worse than I thought. 222. Pretty upset with myself. I have been thinking Psych the most of med school, but also EM. I know I’m not the most competitive for EM, but just wanted to know if I screwed myself in anyway for Psych.

Background is I was very stressed prior to the test. Got a 240 on UWSA2, but test was moved back and then about 2 weeks out multiple family members in WA tested positive for Covid and my sister who was pregnant at the time was exposed as well. So Anxiety was at a high and focus was at a low. Didn’t want to not take the exam with everything going on the country in case there was another lockdown and so just went for it. Felt pretty good about it, but guess not so. So any big repercussions from this? Or just take it and leave it? I really wish there was a way to retake NBME exams.

PS. Back in WA now and feeling a lot better. Beat myself up for a few days after the score release, but am around family who is all healthy including healthy baby and feeling a lot better.
According to the charting outcomes you will
More than likely match psych and EM.

Status
Not open for further replies.